Chapter 22: It's Not Too Late

-Please read the author's note at the end. It has information regarding the prequel!-

Demi's POV

My driver appears a while later and I take a second look as I see something in the backseat, Jasmine!

"How did you find her?" I ask excitedly as I look at my sleeping daughter.

"She was sitting on the side of the road, so I picked her up," he replies. 

"Thank you," I say. I know I shouldn't, but in some ways I wish that she had been missing for two more days so that I could have called James and had him come. But, most of me is happy that my daughter is safe and sound. Then I remember Wilmer; he must be worried sick! I can't wait to get back to the hotel to see him again!

Jasmine's POV

Although I am exhausted, I keep waiting for a car. Then I see Mom's car with her driver in the front seat! I wave my arms. The driver looks alarmed when he sees me but gladly picks me up. Where is he going? I fall asleep as soon as I climb into the back seat. I can't wait to see my mom again.

Wilmer's POV

I keep sitting in Demi's hotel room, waiting for someone to call. The TV is on but I'm not watching; I'm too sad. It's like the whole world is against Demi and I getting back together.

Then my cell phone rings, "Hello?" I answer, not even looking at caller ID first.

"Hey Wilmer, this is Demi," I hear as a huge smile fills my face.

"Demi! Thank goodness! Where were you?"

"James and his buddy took me, but don't worry, I'm on my way home and guess who else I've got...Jasmine!"

"What?! Demi that's amazing!"

"Can you stay in my hotel room? We will be there in about half an hour?"

"Of course," I reply, "I missed you."

"I missed you too. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell Jasmine. But she doesn't think you're her dad anymore so there hopefully won't be any hard feelings."

"Okay, see you soon!" I say.

"See you!" Demi responds.

She's safe; thank God! I can't erase the smile from my face as I sit back down on the bed, anxiously waiting for them to come back. 

--------------

The first chapter of the prequel will come out the same day as the last chapter of this story.