Chapter 2: Father

Well, one day, I asked Mom, once again, why Wilmer hadn't ever come to visit, and she turned away, not responding. It scared me, so I decided to do a little research. At this point in time I was 11 years old, almost 12, a little girl with brown hair and almost black eyes which everyone said made me look like a troublemaker, and that wouldn't be wrong. I caused my mom a lot of trouble, on purpose, by the time I got to the age of 3 or 4. Fine with me, she's a popstar, she can handle anything.

   During my research, I found that Demi and Wilmer broke up on June 3, 2016. I was born on May 18, 2017. That would mean that either my mom was pregnant for almost a year, or Wilmer wasn't really my dad, or they didn't actually break up until later, but that didn't seem to have as big of a probability. So I dug a bit deeper. She dated this guy named Luke around Christmas 2016, and a guy named "Bomba" starting around early January 2017. So maybe one of them was my dad? I did what I always did: I had to ask Mom.

   "Mom," I whispered while we were watching a movie that night, "I know Wilmer isn't really my dad."

   "Sweetie, that's not true," she whispered back, "he is."

   "No he isn't. You guys broke up almost a year before my birthday, so you lied to me!" My voice had risen above the whisper.

   "Jazzy, listen; I had to have something to tell the media and they believed me, but I guess you figured it out, Wilmer isn't your real dad."

   "Does Wilmer know?" I questioned, hoping that he did. That would mean he didn't just leave because he hated me.

   "I told Wilmer which made him get really mad since I'd lied to the media about him. That's why we're not friends anymore," Mom explained in an irritated voice. She obviously didn't want to have this conversation with me. But, I had to dig a bit deeper.

   "Then who is my dad?"

   "I can't tell you babygirl, I just can't."

   "Why not? Don't you think I deserve to know just as much as anyone else? He's my dad for goodness sake!"

   "I know, but Jasmine, I don't think he even knows he's your dad, and don't you think our life is fine, just the way it is?"

   I nod but I don't agree. "I'm going to bed now," I said, walking to my room.