Chapter 19: Waitin' For You

Demi's POV

I feel the car jerk to a stop after a pretty long drive. A car door slams and my side door opens. I feel the painful rub of the gravel against my legs as I'm dragged outside the car. I am sat down on a creaky surface and the sweaty blindfold is taken off.

"Hi Will," I say, looking up at the tall, muscular man.

"Demi," he snaps.

"What are you doing with me?" I question, looking him straight in the eyes.

"The same thing I did with your daughter," he sneers, grabbing my arm and leading me  inside a building.

"NO, let me go!" I scream, but Will keeps a tight grip on my wrist.

He took a huge gulp of alcohol holding me with his other hand. Finishing off the bottle, he smashes it over my head. I am thrown against a wall and blood drips into my mouth.

My mind is screaming at me, yelling, "It's all your fault!" But, I try to fight back, something that took me many years to learn. Fight against my mind, and fight against others. Will drags me down a rickety set of stairs into a loud, club-like basement. Was Jasmine taken HERE? This is where he and I...

He finished off his beer as a man walked up to us. "You owe me," the man said.

"No I don't,"  my boyfriend said as he reached out and punched the man across the face.

I shudder at all the memories. They are not needed at this time. In the basement, the bass is pounding, shaking the walls and alcohol flows freely. Will drags me into a back room. The rooms used for one of things, either: sex, or beating. The thought of my 11 year old daughter having to go through either of these things is terrifying. My job was to protect her, apparently I couldn't follow through.

Will sits me down on an unmade bed in the room. Then he brings three men into the room. They can't walk straight and are slurring the few words they can get out. I move towards the wall, away from the men as they walk up to me. Then, as if it's in slow-motion, they grab me and start beating me and tossing me around like a piece of trash. If this is what Jasmine went through, it would be a wonder if she survived...

------

 If you get the chance, please check out tanishopewieler's account. Her story "Tell me you love me" is amazing!