Chapter 16

A.n. Gif on the side is the beautiful, lovely, creepy forest they are adventuring through.  If this doesn't scare the crud out of you, let me know.  Then I'm not doing my job.

Enjoy.

Unknown's P.O.V.

There's a hidden darkness to the world. 

Something everyone is aware of, but only some see. 

That extra darkness in a corner, that feeling of eyes burning into the back of your head...  It's always there.

It watches you sleep.

Eat.

Live.

It knows you better than you know yourself.

And if you pay attention, real close, you find that it's stronger than death, than fear, than anguish.

It acts like death, reeks of fear, swims in anguish...

But is worse.

And it has its eye on you.

What is it?

Well, wouldn't you like to know?

~*~

I watched her from a safe distance, in the shadows, where I belong.

I watched as she bit her lip nervously, her face paling.  I'm surprised she hasn't noticed me by now.  If she did, she'd scream.  They usually do.

You'd surely know if I was coming.

Wind whistling in the trees, a slow, haunting tune.

Vines slithering over you like a blanket, hissing there welcome

Unknown voices calling from the shadows, whispering your name.

Fear closing you in its iron grip.

Death swirling around you like foggy mist. 

Laughter from unknown locations.

My face, the unforgettable picture, plastered against a window pane.

Your screams drowned out by the roar of the sea.

A sea of blood, drowning you in its waves, crashing around you and burying you forever.

Now close your eyes.

Count to three.

One...

Two....

Three....

Open your eyes.

Slowly.

Look behind you.

There's nothing there?

That's what you think.

~*~

A.n. Goooo me!  I think I scared myself with this one...  Naw...  It's gonna take a lot more than that.  Highlight this line with any questions so far.

P.s., Who's P.O.V. do you like me writing the best, and think is the most insteresting?  Highlight this section with an answer {or comment at the end if you're not on the app}.

Zoe's P.O.V.

Brady's words echoed in my head, swirling around and haunting my thoughts.  I really thought I was ready for this, that I could do this...