Chapter 9 *edited!*

A.n. Thanks to everyone who reads this! Enjoy the chapter and your feedback is always welcome.

[Zoe]

I screamed as someone landed on top of me. Expecting to see Brady, I looked up at my attacker with wide eyes.

My eyes got even bigger when I saw who it really was.

"Austin," I stated bitterly. My words echoed through the quiet forest as my ex-boyfriend smirked down at me. "Hey babe." He grinned evily.

"What are you doing here??" I spat and he raised his eyebrows in fake surprise. "Oh? You don't know?" He pretended to gasp dramatically. "Um no I don't. That's kinda why I asked." I said with an eye roll at the end for special affect.

"After I went missing, I turner myself in to that little lab you're well familiar with, so I could become more powerful. Naturally, I am one of their great successes." He smirks at the end and I try to process the news.

I can't understand why someone would want to go through that torture voluntarily, but apparently to become more powerful it was all worth it for him.

This made me hate the guy even more.

"So what are you?" I asked, trying to keep my tone flat and my face blank. "Guess," he grinned evilly.

I frowned. "A fairy!" I said and smirked at him. He clenched his teeth and snatched up my wrists, holding them next to my face.
His grip tightened as he stared into my eyes and I winced. I was about 3 weeks clean, but any time there was pressure on my wrists it brought back bad memories. "Guess again," he hissed. "An elf!" He narrowed his eyes at me. "THAT'S IT!"

"It is?" I barely had time to say before he shoved me at inhuman speed against a tree and leaned towards my neck. "I have multiple abilities... Too many to count. And I can shape shift. So any cute little ability you have? I have it ten times stronger," he said and grinned evily again.

Then he whispered, his hot breath tickling my neck, "Don't make me angry, Zoe. I know every fear and flaw that you may have." This causes tears to spring into my eyes, then for me to become angry.

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN YOU LYING CHEATING SNAKE!!" I screamed and shoved him so hard that when he hit a tree it actually cracked. I didn't even know I could do that. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

Only when he started to get up did I realize my mistake. His eyes were black. They were freaking BLACK.

I took a deep breath and then I screamed. So loud it echoed through the forest and stretched for miles. My high-pitched sound caused him to shout and scream in pain, falling to the ground in agony.

This had to be an ability or something, no one normally screams like this.

I could feel the earth shake, and everything vibrating. Finally, I had to stop because there is this rediculous thing called air that apparently I need.

I fell back against the tree trunk, desparately taking in the air I so badly needed. When I had caught my breath enough, I took off running again.

Not even halfway to wherever I thought I was going, something crashed into me, knocking me over. Again. You're kidding right?

I glared daggers at the smirking face of my ex-boyfriend. "I knew you were the special one they always talked about. Maybe I'll turn you in." Austin knew he wqe hitting a weak spot, because I winced. "Oh, and are you still cutting?" He faked a concerned frown. "Still upset after our break up, babe?"