Chapter 7 *edited!*

A.n. Here's another chapter! Remember to vote, comment, heart! Your feedback means a lot!

Thank you to everyone who has supported this story from the beginning! I love you! Enjoy, beautifuls!

[Zoe]

When I wake up, my head is pounding and I have a cramp in my neck. I am sore all over and feel like someone just bashed me with a hammer. Who knows? Maybe someone made me a human piñata.

Back on task. I struggle to open my eyes and find myself laying on something soft. A bed? I fight the urge to close my eyes fully and surrender to sleep, and open them. It's almost completely dark wherever I am.

I start to sit up then scream when I see a pair of glowing red eyes studying my every move. I stagger backwards on the bed and continue panting and clutching my heart.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down, it's just me!" A familar voice says quickly after I have my mini heart attack. I recognize the voice as Flirty.

"W-where am I?" I ask, still catching my breath. "At our hide-out," Flirty says casually. "Oh you have one of those too?" I say sarcastically and he rolls his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me and I am allowed to ask questions. Now why am I here?" I ask, thoroughly annoyed.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "The thing is, it's kinda complicated. I really don't know how to describe it-but I have this feeling you need to be here... With me." He mumbles the last part.

"Oh so you thought it was okay to just break the deal and kidnapped me?" I cross my arms over my chest and try to act tough, but my heart is going a mile a minute. Brady seems uninterested in arguing with me, so I get an idea to get his full attention.

I feel tears spring into my eyes and start to sob.

"Oh my God what's wrong?!" He kneels by me and takes my face in both his hands, cupping them around my cheeks.

"Are you going to kill me now?" I give him my best puppy eyes.

"No, no, no!" He says quickly. "I don't want you to get the wrong idea, that's not what I meant!" He explains.

"Look at me, Zoe." I go along with my plan and refuse to listen to him.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea, but I would never." He says and strokes my cheeks with his thumb, brushing away a few tears in the process.

"Zoe... Look at me. I'm serious. Zoe..." I bite my lip and start formulating my escape plan in my mind when I'm brought back to reality by Flirty.

He finally just takes my head and tips it up so I am forced to look into his eyes. "Are you going to eat me?" I whisper. "Because that would soooo not be cool."

He laughs. "No Zoe." "You're lying." I spit and push him away. I really need to find a door in this dark room so I can make a run for it!

He sighs. "Zoe I am not lying. I promise-" I barge in, "Promises are overrated!" He shakes his head. "Trust me." "I've learned not to trust," I scoff.

"Zoe." He whispers. "Who hurt you?" I glare daggers at him, my plan momentarily forgotten. "That is none of your concern!" I snap, trying to keep my cool.