Chapter 13

A.n Hello my precious Beauties!!!:D Over 1000 reads?? Can you believe how far this story's come??!! I am crying tears of joy right now!  my goal was to get at least 1000, and i have 1016!  thanks for all the support, it means so much!  So I am rewarding you beautiful creatures with an update:-). Enjoy loves!  The gif is Lisa!

Zoe's P.O.V.

Darkness everywhere. The icy wind shakes the trees, painting goose bumps on my already cold arms.

The chilly air bites at my exposed skin that isn't covered by my thin black nightgown as I continued to stare ahead of me.

Mist swirls around cracked gravestones, as I push blindly through the mysterious fog. Where am I?

I see a figure ahead of me, and unwillingly my body starts in the direction of it. I can see and feel what's going on, like I'm still there, but I have no control over my body or actions.

Eventually I get close enough where the figure is no longer a shadow, and I see the person wearing a black cloak set something on the ground before me. I scoop it up and peer down at the bundle. No, I peer down at the face of Lisa.

Before I can question or even thank the figure, it vanishes with a swish of its cloak and a fit of black, swirling smoke. But not before smirking at me first.

I gape at the blackness it just disappeared into, and then turn to the child that lay sleeping in my arms. Or so I thought. When I looked close enough, I saw her chest wasn't moving up and down, and there was no heartbeat. She looked fragile and pale, like, well death. She even smelled like it.

I gently set her back down on the ground in front of me and kneeled down behind her. Fresh tears coated my face as I waited- For what? I didn't know.

Only the fake me did.

I moved the blankets aside. Only when I saw her eyes shoot open did I realize my mistake.

Her eyes were red- not bloodshot red. A murderous red. And I was the victim.

She stood, or rather floated to her feet, and grew about 13 sizes. Her strawberry blonde hair turned black and the cloak turned to ashes. Her ripped nightdress floated spookily beside her as she opened her mouth and let out a blood-curdling scream.

She lifted her arms in the air, and screamed again. This time, black snake-like vines flew from her dress as she thrust her arms out towards my direction. Wait- they were snakes.

The snake-thingies wrapped around me, choking the life out of me. And what did I do? Not cry, or scream, or freak out. I laughed.

*******************************************

I awoke with scream, cold sweat coating my body and sticking my hair to my tear-stained face.

I frantically looked around, desparately trying to make out anything in the darkness. I felt a hand on my arm, and someone gently shaking me out of my near panic attack.

"Zoe? Zoe can you hear me? It's just, me, it's just Brady. Everything's okay, don't cry!" I heard the familiar voice soothe me. I was literally ready to throw myself in his arms. I had definitely had it with these nightmares.

Only then did I realize I was only in my underclothes, with only my blankets/comforter as protection.

I began blushing a deep shade of red and yanked the covers farther up to my chin. I nervously waited for his reaction.

Brady made a tisking sound and cupped his hands around my cheeks. "Babe, stop covering yourself. You are way too beautiful to be insecure." I blushed even more, if that was possible. Seriously by now I think the blush is a constant stain on my cheeks.