Ch 29 More than anything

________________________________________________________________________ 

CHAPTER 29

Damon's POV ß (recommended by Nangijala)

I slammed my fist into the wall, letting out a yell of frustration. They were all dead. I stared at the bodies scattered across the ground, anger building inside of me.

How could I let this happen?

It's been years.

A couple rogues kill some woman, then they attack us mercilessly, killing my own mate in the process.

I had been away at the time.

Imagine that.

Leaving your mate for only a weekend, and coming back to find that she had been murdered over something she took no part in?

The old Damon died along with her.

I let out another angry yell, and kicked the lifeless body in front of me, not caring who it was.

I continued to kick away the bodies as I made my way to the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jeremy, bring in your men. It's time." I ordered firmly, hanging up before he could respond.

I was going to finish Cole once and for all, but first, I wanted to make him suffer just like I did when my mate was killed.

So was I going to kill Christina?

Hell no.

I was going got do much worst...

 ____________________________________________________________________

Cole's POV

Why did I save Cole?

Trust me.

I want to tear him limb from limb, more than everything in the world, but I knew that there were more.

Whatever we faced at his house, that was nothing compared to what he really had. I can just tell that this isn't over.

But right now, I just got my mate back, and I won't waste a second more of it not adoring her.

 ___________________________________________________________________

Christina's POV

I woke up with a start, my heart pounding, gasping for air.

"Shhh.... I've got you."

Immediately I was engulfed into a warm hug.

Cole.

Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around him, pulled my body closer. I nearly screamed in protest when he pulled away, but the look in his eyes silenced me.

Love, adoration, relief.

"Cole..." I whispered.

He stared into my eyes while gently wiping away the tears streaming down my cheeks.

Wow, I didn't even know I was crying...

"Christina, please don't cry." He pleaded softly, pulling me back into his warm embrace.

For the first time in a while, I felt safe.

Safe, loved, and that there was actually someone who cared about me.

Once again, he pulled away, and I couldn't help but let out a sad whimper.

"Christina, baby girl, I'm sure you're hungry right now." Cole said, looking at me with eyes filled with love and care.