Ch 3 Abusive much?

CHAPTER 3

I gulped. Cole was smirking at me, with his friends behind him.

He took a step forward, I took one back, he took another and I fell back. Nice, I thought to myself. Way to fall.

"Well it looks like this is gonna be easier than I thought." Said Cole who was now standing over me. "I'll see you guys later." Without hesitation, Ian and the two other guys left.

I started to stand up, only to be pushed back down by Cole.

"Listen virgin bitch. You are nothing but shit, and I don't need you walking around here like you own this school. This is MY school, these people listen to ME. I don't need some virgin bitch like you messing everything up." He snarled.

I sat there emotionless. I didn't even react when he grabbed my arm and forced me to stand.

"Cat got you tongue, bitch?"

I have no idea where all this confidence came from, but the next thing I did was quite outrageous.

I slapped him.

But it didn't stop there. All my anger, my pain, my hurt, it came flooding out. I threw myself at Cole, flailing my arms, hoping to inflict pain upon this asshole. This was my revenge against all those jerks who used and abused me.

I was blinded by my anger one moment, attacking Cole, then I was slammed up against the lockers. Cole used his own body to hold me there, my arms were pinned at my sides and and my legs were trapped by his. Both of Cole's hands were placed at either side of my head, making it impossible to move the slightest bit.

To my surprise, he didn't have a single bruise or even red mark on himself. He looked perfectly fine.

And angry. No- angry would be an understatement.

Cole was furious. He was breathing heavily, and with each breath, he seemed to press in closer to me.

"C-C-Cole, get away." I stuttered, fear lacing each word.

"Christina..." He breathed out, staring straight into my eyes, "I warned you."

There I lay.

Listening to his retreating footsteps, after being flung like a rag doll to the other end of the hallway. I couldn't move. There was so much pain, my head felt like a bomb went off in it, and my whole body ached.

Right before I passed out, I realized, maybe this new school wouldn't be so different.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The faint noise of a machine is what I heard as I woke up. The pounding in my head wasn't as bad, and despite the searing pain coursing my body, there hadn't seemed to be any permanent damage. I looked around the hospital room, I couldn't see much since the lights were off and it was dark outside.

Wait. Hospital room? Dark outside?

How long have I been out and how did I get here? At that moment the door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Hun you're awake!! This is good!! How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Better, thanks." I answered with a small smile, "How did I get here?"

"Well Hun, you are one lucky duck. With the concussion you have, you would have had some serious damage if this young handsome man hadn't brought you in. Unfortunately, he had to leave but he told me to give this." She replied, holding out a folded note.

I sat up and reached for it, ignoring the worsening pain that followed as a result. Before I could open it, the nurse excused herself and left, reassuring me that she would be back soon.