Ch 23 Can I forgive?

_______________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 23

Christina's POV

Needless to say, I was speechless. 

Cole just apologized to me, and he told me he loved me. What am I supposed to do? I wasn't ready to forgive- hell, I wasn't sure if I could even forgive. 

"Well?" 

Cole's voice brought me back to reality. I had to give him an answer. 

"C-Cole, I need time and space," I stammered. 

The smile on his face dropped, and he sadly nodded his head, telling me that he understood what I was saying. 

I lowered my eyes to the ground, "Can we go back now?" 

"Yeah, of course." Cole said weakly, walking off with me trailing behind him. 

20 minutes later

We walked back into the house. 

"Baby, you're back!" Brittany shrieked jumping on Cole and kissing his face. 

Hate filled me as I watched her attack Cole with her mouth. Suddenly, she fell the ground, a shocked look on her face. 

"Stop it Brittany. Christina is my mate, just stop it." He snapped, wrapping his arm possessively around me. 

"What?!" She screamed, standing up. 

"You heard me. She is my mate, and you need to stay away from us." He ordered, his alpha tone leaking into every word. 

She crossed her arms angrily, narrowing her eyes. 

"You're not my Alpha. I don't need to listen to you." She challenged

Before he could say anything back, another voice spoke. 

"Yes, but I am your Alpha, so I am telling you to leave them alone." Graham ordered, standing at the top of the stairs. 

Brittany's jaw dropped open when she saw him. 

"What Brittany? Surprised that your mate is talking to you?" I snapped, glaring at her. 

"What?" Cole asked, surprised. 

Brittany paled and gave me a pleading look- which I ignored. 

"Oh yeah, didn't she tell you? Brittany is Graham's mate. Must have slipped her mind while she was fucking you." I said casually, but secretly enjoying her horrified reaction to what I said. 

Cole winced a bit at the last part, but soon anger took over. 

"What the hell is wrong with you? You have a mate!" Cole snarled at her, making her shrink back. 

I literally saw red. 

"Like you're one to talk!" I screamed, pulling away from him, putting distance between us. 

The hurt look that crossed his face went ignored. I really didn't give a shit anymore, in all truth, he is no better than Brittany. Oh fuck that. He is worse than Brittany. 

"I-I-I..." He stuttered looking at the ground. 

"I'm sorry." 

My head snapped up, and I stared at Brittany in shock. 

"What? But-" I started saying. 

"I'm sorry that Cole doesn't want you, but hey- don't blame him. From what he's told me, your mom didn't want you either." She said, smirking evilly.