Chapter 9

"Will you-" I felt something fall onto my shoulder. Devon was staring at my shoulder with a funny look on his face. I turned my head and saw bird poop on my shoulder.

"Eww!" I said. I just stood there like an idiot not knowing what to do. I could feel my cheeks burning up. I was standing with the guy of my dreams and I had bird poop on my shoulder really embarrasing!

"Hold on." Devon said rummaging in his backpack. I was a little surprised that he hadn't laughed at me and walked away leaving me to deal with the bird poop alone. He took out a tissue and started wiping the poop off my shoulder. His face was so close to mine. My breath started quickning and my heart was beating faster. I was certain that he could hear my heart beat.

He turned away from my shoulder and looked at me. His eyes looked beautiful from up close. I could see bits of blue swimming in the gray. He smiled at me. Devon had the perfect teeth. They were straight and white. He was my dream guy.

We stood there for about a minute then he pulled away. I hadn't noticed that I was holding my breath till he moved away. I let my breath out and looked the other way. I saw Sophia standing there with some girls. She was giving me an evil look.

I hadn't talked to her in a while. I haven't even seen her around anymore. It was like she had dissapeared.

It was a shock to see her now. She stood there with her arms crossed looking at me with such hatrid.

My thoughts were interupted by the sound of the bell ringing. Devon came up beside me. "Are you just going to stand there or are we going to go to class?" He asked with a smile.

"Go to class." I said smiling up at him. We walked to class then sat down. Sophia was still glaring at us. I decided to talk to her after class. Devon was staring at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern on his face.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said forcing a smile. "What were you going to ask me before we got inturupted?"

"Oh I was...uh... gonna ask you if you wanted to go to the party with me tonight."

"Yeah I'd love to!"

"Great! What time do I pick you up?"

"How bout 6?"

"Okay" I hadn't noticed that while we were talking we had moved closer to each other. The teacher came in at that time.

"Good morning class!" When we saw him we imediatly spread apart.

The teacher started talking about something. I wasn't paying attention to him at all so I had no clue what he was talking about,

Devon was drawing in his notebook. He was drawing a rose. It looked magnificent. He caught me staring and smiled at me. His smile melted my insides. He was really cute. Then he wrote under the rose: A beautiful rose for a beatiful girl.

He ripped the page out and handed it to me. I smiled and blushed. I couldn't believe he had just done that. He thinks I'm beautiful! I thought. I put the picture in my binder and closed it.

I was thinking to my self when I heard the song "Call me when your sober". At first I thought it was the teacher playing music. Then I noticed that it was someone's phone. The girl quickly shut it off.

The teacher just looked at her and continued teaching. Wow I thought.

I sat in my desk day dreaming then it was time to go. Devon stood up and walked up to me. I guess I was going to have to talk to Sophia later.

While we walked to our next class our hands brushed. Everytimes his brushed mine I felt a shot of electricity go through my body.

When we got to class we parted ways. I went to my seat and sat down. I really wished Devon sat closer to me in this class.