Chapter 3

I woke up the next day to the loud peeps of my alarm clock. I turned it off and walked sleepily to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was sticking up everywhere. It looked like it had tons of knots in it. That's going to be hard to get out, I thought. I went to my room and changed into my school clothes. It took me a while to do my hair though.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen. I got myself a poptart and a glass of juice. When I was done I locked the front door and went to the bus stop.

When I got to the bus stop I saw Karla there. "Hi!" she said when she saw me. She seemed really happy today. I wanted to ask why but I thought it might be rude to ask so I didn't.

"Hey" Just then the bus got there. I looked at my phone and saw that I had come late. Woops, I thought. We got on the bus and sat down.

"I'm going to the movies today!" Karla said with a big smile.

"With who?" I couldn't help but ask.

"With Tobbe! He asked me to go with him and I said yes!" I could tell that she really loved him.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"7 months!" That's a lot, I thought. I wished that I would have a relationship like theirs.

We talked for the rest of the ride to school. When we got there I followed Karla. I saw the bench where I used to sit everyday by myself. Sorry bench but not today!, I thought. We walked up to Sophia who was already there. "Hey guys," said Sophia. We both said hey.

We were all talking then Tobbe showed up and wrapped his arms around Karla's waist. I felt a little sad that I didn't have no one to love me like that.

The bell rang and Sophia and I walked to biology class. When I got to my seat I was glad that the new kid wasn't there yet.

Class started and he still wasn't there. Maybe he's absent, I thought. Just then the door opened and he walked through the door. He was wearing black skinny jeans, with a blue shirt and black and white converse. He looked really cute. He gave the teacher a late pass and went to his seat across from me.

I hadn't noticed that I was staring at him the whole time. When I noticed that I was he was already looking at me. He had the most gorgeous eyes ever. They were blue with a little bit of gray in them. I couldn't look away. I felt like my eyes were glued to his.

"Devon and Malina if you would please stop looking at eachother then maybe you won't have to serve detention." The teacher said. That helped me look away and I could feel my cheeks burning up. I heard Devon chuckle. All I wanted to do right now was run out of this classroom and hide somewhere.

Throughout the class I would sneak glances at him. He would smile when I did. The bell rang meaning it was the end of class. I didnt even put my stuff away I just grabbed everything in my arms. I got up and a girl that always bullied me passed by and bumped into me causing me to drop all my stuff.

I quickly got on my knees and started picking all my papers and putting them into my binder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another pair of hands picking the papers also. I turned and saw that it was Devon. When I saw him helping me I was a little shocked and dropped my binder again. I couldn't believe he was helping me. He saw me looking at him and he smiled at me.

He helped me pick up all stuff. He gave the papers to me and our hands brushed a little. "Thanks," I said a little shaky. Then I quickly started walking to the door. I could hear his footsteps behind me. I walked into my next class and heard him behind me still. I forgot that we had this class together too. I went to my seat and put my head on the desk and closed my eyes.