Chapter 10

Violet

The past few days have gone by in a blink of an eye. I would wake up get ready and go to work where Lorry would teach me everything I need to know. She taught me everything I am responsible for such as taking notes in meetings and making reservations wherever Ace wants and how he likes his coffee and when he likes it and so on so forth. 

As for Ace and I, we barley saw one another and I was so HAPPY! I mean we would ride to the office together but then he would go to his office and do his work and I would do mine with Lorry. Then at the end of the day we would both go home together but then he would go out and do whatever he does and comes home late with a new girl every night; whereas I would eat dinner and grab a good book to read. 

Even though he's with a new girl every night I'm glad that at least Ace kept is word and kept the noises to a minimum. "We're here" Ace brings me out of my train of thoughts as we arrive at the office. I am so nervous because well it's my first day alone without Lorry. I know pretty much everything and how to do everything but still, I don't have Lorry. 

'It's okay Vi. you can do it!'  I tell myself.

We both step into the private elevator and as Ace said, someone did come and get my fingerprint for the elevator so now I can use it without him being in it. 

Ding!

The elevator announces the reach of our destination causing both of us to step off. Ace walks towards his office and I walk towards mine. 

My office was very big and spacious. The walls were white but mostly covered with windows but when you walk into my office you are greeted with a big mahogany table covered with a Mac desktop, a Mac laptop (for meetings), my planner, and Ace's on the go calendar. In the left corner was a big filing cabinet that had years of history; although the  files are already in the computer, Ace likes to have them filed as hard copies as well in case there isn't time to print anything. I know it's silly right, when would you not have time to print anything? I mean it doesn't take long to print anything.

I put my purse on the ground next to my chair and headed to the kitchen to make Ace's coffee.

Ace and I were the only ones on this floor, though it was big. There was a kitchen, conference room, my office, and his.

I make Ace's coffee and head for his office but quickly stop by my office to grab my planner. I knock on his door waiting for the green light. When I hear a faint 'come in' I enter.

"Your coffee sir." I say as I walk over to his desk and place the coffee on his table beside his computer, where he was working. I take a seat in front of him waiting with my planner open, ready to take orders.

"You're going to do what you normally do. And I want the sales reports from the past 5 years. Also get me a lunch meeting with Mr. Wilson and I need you to make a reservation at a restaurant and make sure to book it for a party of 4. It's going to be us and Mr. Wilson and his assistant. I want you to plan our engagement part and set it for Saturday." He says without even looking my way, still working on his computer.

Does he really think an engagement party could be planned by Saturday?! "But isn't it too late to plan a part for Saturday. I mean there is a lot to do. Find a venue, caterers, send out invitations, and decorations." I can't believe he wants me to plan a part in such a short amount of time! Who does he think I am?! Super Girl!

"No. If I tell you to do something, you do it, without question. Am I understood?" He says while raising his voice slightly. His cold voice sends chills down my spine. Not trusting my voice, I simply nod looking down at my planner.

"I will not settle for anything but the best and I will send you the invitation list and you can add whoever you want to that. Your dismissed" With that said, I get up and walk out of the room. 

I walk into my office and take a seat in my chair, turning on my computer. I have so much work to do now! Agh!!! 

"VIOLET!!!!!!!!!" I jump as I hear someone yell my name. Knowing that there are only two people on this floor and one of them being me, I quickly leave my office and make my way to Ace's office. I open the door fearing what's going to happen to me. 

"You called for me" I wonder what he needs that he felt as if he had to yell my name, I mean he could have just used the intercom. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! ARE YOU JUST STUPID OR DID YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE!" Ace yells at me. I don't even know what I did wrong! I stand here in front of his desk petrified.

"What did I do wrong" I ask in the most calmly tone that I could muster up. I am angry though, how can he just yell at me. I don't even know what I did! I look down not wanting to let my anger get the best of me. I knew that if I looked up I would show my emotions and yell at him. 

"YOU REALLY ARE STUPID! YOU COULDN'T EVEN MAKE A CUP OF COFFEE PROPERLY!" this is all because of a cup of coffee. Really. But I know that I made the coffee right. 3 cream and 2 sugar. How can I even mess that up, nobody can. 

"Sir I made it exactly as you like it" I try to defend myself. I clench my fists behind my back so Ace can't see them. This man is really getting on my nerves and we haven't even been in the office for half an hour. 

"I asked for 3 cream and 2 sugar. This-" he points to the coffee " has way too much cream and no sugar!" WHAT! I remember putting in sugar...or was that cream....again? 

DAMN IT! How could I have messed that up! I unclench my fits realizing that I was at fault but that doesn't excuse him. He still shouldn't yell at me. "I'm sorry sir I will make you another cup of coffee" I say as I grab the up of coffee from his desk. I walk to the door with my head down in shame.

"Let's get one thing straight, you might be my fiancée but when we are in the office you are nothing but my personal assistant. Just because we are about to get married does not give you any special treatment. You're not special." Since Ace was slowly approaching as he was saying this, he is now literally now inches away from my face. Now I can't control my anger anymore. 

I am a human being and so I am bound to make mistakes, "I never asked for special treatment and I don't want it. Believe me when I say being your fiancée holds no importance to me and never will! And I am sorry about the coffee but I am human and I will make mistakes but I will correct them!" I yell in his face as I stomp out of his office before he has a chance to say anything back. 

I just made a mistake, if he had just told me I wouldn't have had a problem with making another cup but what was the point of him yelling at me. I wonder if he is always like this actually I don't care because I don't care about him. I just won't give him a reason to yell at me again. I will do my job like no one has ever before. I will make him eat his words. 

I quickly make his coffee, this time making sure that everything is the right amount, and take it to his office. No words or looks were exchanged instead I simply walked in placed the cup in front of him and left. I quickly went back to my office and got to work, which I had a lot of.

************************************************************

HEY GUYS THANK YOU FOR HAVING SO MUCH PATIENTS WITH THE UPDATES. I JUST HAVEN'T ENOUGH TIME WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON BUT I AM TRYING SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME HERE. AND I JUST WANT TO THANK _QueenxSavagex_ FOR GIVING ME SUPPORT ON THE BOOK. 

IF IT WEREN'T FOR HER COMMENT ABOUT THE UPDATE REQUEST I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE TODAY. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE AND QUEEN FOR THE SUPPORT AND I WILL UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN! 

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN EVERYBODY! 

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER AND I KNOW IT'S SHORT, BUT AS I SAID BEFORE, I'M TRYING :)

PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE, AND FOLLOW!