Chapter 17

Violet

I wake up and head into the shower, following my daily routine. Once I get out of the shower I get dressed and grab my things and head to the kitchen ready to face the devil. 

Walking into the kitchen I grab a muffin and some coffee just like every other day and wait for Ace to tell me to get up and follow him. 

"Let's go" ahh right on queue. I take my purse and follow him out the door. And as usual the ride to the office is quiet. 

I go into my office and grab by planner and Ace's agenda and go and make his coffee and take it to him. I knock on the door and wait for a 'come in'. After I get a conformation, I walk in placing his coffee on his desk 

"What's on my agenda today" he asks while doing something on his computer but not looking at me. 

"Nothing really, all you need to do today is look over some reports and you have one meeting with the head of the human resources department in an hour." I read off of the agenda in a monotone. 

"Great. Your dismissed." He sounds bored when he speaks. I swiftly collect my things and leave the room not wanting to be there any longer than I have to. 

Turning onto my computer I get started on going through emails. I send replies here and there and send some important emails to the devil. I make a collection of papers that need to be printed and filed and send them to the printer and have them printed. The printer room was all the way at the end of the hall next to the boardroom. Even though it was only me and Ace on this floor, it was big. The thing I really like is the privacy because only people with a key could enter this floor. After I got hired and got a key card I realized that when I was interviewed I was interviewed on the floor below because Ace didn't want anyone coming up on this floor except himself and his PA. Picking up the papers I walk back to my office and started filing them when Ace's phone rang. 

I rush over to the phone and answer it "Yes sir." 

"Honey, my mom, sisters-in-law, and your mom are here in my office to pick you up to go shopping." Shit that's today. I can't believe I completely forgot about this. 

"Oh ah alright I will be right there." I quickly file the last paper, turn off my computer, grab my stuff and lock my office and head towards Ace's office. I take a deep breath before I enter his office.  

"Hey sweetie" my mom crushes me as soon as I enter. Ah I missed my mom. 

"Hey mom" I give her a little pat on the back as we pull apart. 

"Hello Mrs.Emersons" I couldn't help but chuckle at my little greeting and thankfully they laughed too. 

"Good morning" they all say in unison. 

"Okay come on we all said our hello's so can we go now? I can't wait to shop for the engagement party" Carrie sounds so anxious about this. We all laugh at her excitement.

"Okay let's go then" Lane says as we all start leaving but we are stopped by the devil's voice. 

"Can you guys just wait a minute outside, I need to talk to Violet for a moment." Why the hell does he need to talk to me.

"Ohhh lover boy is going to miss his baby?" Alice says in a mocking voice that makes everyone laugh as they leave. The door closes shut and I stay in my spot not moving closer to him but he moves closer. 

"Make sure to buy something decent not slutty. I have a reputation to maintain." I never wear anything slutty except that dress that he bought me, though it looked nice, I personally thought it was too revealing. I don't answer to what he says instead I just look at my feet as if they are the most interesting in the world.