Chapter 3

Violet

"Wear this tonight."

-Ace

Wow that was short. But I can't believe he would do this. Did he actually spend time and pick out this dress for me. What am I thinking he probably had someone choose it for me. It's not like he even cares. He probably just bought it just to make sure I don't dress in a way that I embarrass him at the party.

With that thought put aside I decided to do my make up and get dressed.

**********

A soon as I was done getting ready I heard the doorbell ring. Before I opened the door I looked at the time. Guess what time it was? Yep you guessed it 6:30.

I quickly opened the door thinking that it would be Ace but instead I am greeted with a man in a uniform who looked like a driver.

"Miss Jones, Mr.Emerson is waiting for you in the car and I am here to escort you down," the man who looked in his late 30's spoke.

"Of course. Um let me just grab my clutch." I quickly got my silver clutch and looked the door to my apartment.

When we got to the car the driver opened the door for me to get in. When I did get in I was shocked to see an even better looking Ace Emerson on his phone.

Is that even possible?

The car started moving but he still didn't look up from the phone, which hurt that he didn't acknowledge my presence.

I guess I shouldn't have expected much since I'm pretty sure I am not his type.

Not knowing what to do I decided to pull my phone out of my clutch and start checking my emails. I don't really have much important email except for advertisement. I guess I can go shopping sometime next week or Sunday since I just want to relax tomorrow.

Just thinking about sleeping all day tomorrow makes me close my eyes and lean back putting my head on my head rest. "Violet" I hear someone saying my name but I just ignore it.

"Violet" oh man do I love his voice. "Yeah" I say as I open my eyes to look at him. I can't believe I fell asleep just thinking about sleeping.

"When we get to the party I need you to agree with me no matter what it is. Am I understood?" He seems very serious about this.

"Yes of course" I say as I straighten my posture to show that I am serious as well.

"Violet, when I say everything I mean everything and if you disagree with me on anything trust me I will make your life a living hell and even Leo won't be able to help you." Somehow I was frightened by his words that I was too mortified to speak so I replied with a simple nod. 

With a nod from him as well he went back to staring at his phone. 

Now I was getting nervous but instead of thinking about it too much, I decided to simply close my eyes and relax.

**********

"Violet. Violet wake up we're here." I wake from little nap as I hear a deep voice. 

"Sorry I was just closing my eyes and I guess I fell asleep." I really hope I didn't mess up my hair or my makeup. I touch my hair trying to fix my anything out of place. "Don't worry you look fine." Now he wants to talk about how I look.

As I was getting out of the car I see a hand and I knew that I was the hand of the great Ace Emerson. I gladly took the hand as help to get out of the car. 

Once I got out of the car I was awestruck by the beauty in front of my eyes. It was the most beautiful house, well it was a mansion, I have ever seen in my life.