Chapter 2

Ace

I really didn't want to go to work today, I mean I had to hire someone that I know I will hate working with. Don't get me wrong I have worked with people that I don't like but they never spoke to me the way Ms.Jones had. Actually no one has ever spoken to me that way before except for my parents of course and my brothers but that's different, they are my family.

After finally getting out of my bed, I got took a shower, got dressed, had some breakfast and left for work.

In about 20 minutes I arrived at the Emerson International building. I was proud of what I had accomplished. I mean yeah, maybe I didn't make the company from scratch but I had increased our profit and gotten us new clients. So yeah I was still proud.

My brothers had their own companies and did start theirs from scratch and they did good but someone had to take over the family business. Plus, I have multiple other companies that I bought and made better.

"Morning Mr.Emerson" the door man said. I gave him a slight nod, and I walked into the building.

As I was walking towards the elevator my eye was caught by my new upcoming PA. I was about to keep walking when I realized that Mark Lag was looking at her, thats when I knew I had to do something.

I walked up to where Ms.Jones was standing and said my greeting to the receptionist. "Good morning Cecilia." Thank god she had a name tag or else I wouldn't know her name.

"Goo-goo-good morning Mr.Em-em-Emerson" she stuttered. It wasn't unusual, I have had that affect on people for as long as I can remember especially women.

"Cecilia, this is Ms.Jones and she will be my new PA so remember the face and Ms.Jones shall we go." I can't believe I was about to do this.

Before she could say anything I put my arm around her waist and pulled her towards the elevator. At least I knew that this was going to work because I knew that Mark was watching us and I knew that he wouldn't dare mess with Ms.Jones if he thinks that I am involved with her in ANY WAY.

Luckily when we got in the elevator there was no one there so I finally pulled my arm away. As soon as the doors closed Ms.Jones blew up.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR ARM AROUND MY WAIST? I THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T LIKE ME? WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?" man this girl can shout LOUD.

"First of all Ms.Jones, don't ever talk to me in that tone ever again. Second of all, don't ever raise your voice with me. Third of all, I am in no way interested in you that way so you can keep dreaming -"

"Then why did -"

"Fourth of all, don't ever interrupt me. And I only did that because Mark Lag was looking at you and he has a reputation around here to fuck all the women and then leave them and I don't want office drama" I explain my reasoning. I've hand many employees quit because of him but that man does good work so I didn't fire him. And besides it's their personal matter why would I interfere but this involved my personal assistant, I don't need to keep replacing them.

"You should seriously be thanking me right now, if I had taken my private elevator today you have no idea how much trouble you would have to go through" I said chuckling at the last part.

"Okay well, thank you" Finally this woman comes to her senses.

"I mean like a lot of trouble, like you won't be able to sleep kind of trouble -"

"Okay I get it you are AMAZING THANK YOU!"

"Oh the truth finally comes out, it's okay sweetheart your not the first woman to tell me I am amazing. Especially not in a elevator." the last part I whispered into her ear.