Chapter 18

Violet

Lunch was pretty good. We all ate as much as we could mainly due to the fact that my mom and Lane had told us that once lunch was over we are not going to stop to eat until everything is done. The good thing about lunch was that there was no uncomfortable silence. We all talked about the things going on in our lives but of course I didn't say much except the fact that it's nice working for Ace but what else am I supposed to say. Oh I really don't like your son and I HATE working with him. No I couldn't say that. 

Though I learned that my brother-in-laws also have very successful businesses. Aiden, the oldest who is married to Alice, owns a cruise ship company and has other business around the world. Anthony, the second oldest who is married to Carrie, owns a chain of hotels. Austin, the third oldest who is married to Anna, owns a chain of restaurants. Arron, the fourth oldest who is married to Julian owns an import and export company. They were all so successful and happy with their wives. Lucky them. 

Once we were done with lunch we headed to the boutiques to buy our outfits for tonight. Once the car stopped we all hoped out and walked into the boutique. 

"Welcome ladies, how may I help you?" a very good looking man walked up to us. He was tall with black hair.

"Yes, we all need clothes for her-" Anna points to me "-engagement party and she needs a special dress for tonight to make lover boy all over again." 

"Alright then let's get started." He called a couple of other girls over. 

"Okay so these girls will help each and everyone of you with your dresses and you missy are coming with me" he drags me along with him. 

"So are you looking for anything in particular" he asks me as he starts flipping through dresses. 

"Not really but just so you know I don't really prefer anything that shows a lot of skin or cleavage." The only time when I wore something revealing was when Ace sent me the dress to wear. 

"Ah I like you already" he says smiling at me. "Most women come in here looking for the most revealing dress that we have to make men drool over them but you, you are different. You like keeping your beauty to yourself and that's what makes you so special and let me tell you sweetheart whoever snatched you up is one lucky guy." I really wish I was actually going to marry someone for love rather than being blackmailed into it. 

"Thanks" I softly whisper. I didn't know what else to say. I just stood there on my spot as the man looked for a dress. 

"Oh my god I'm having a conversation with you and I don't even know your name." I laugh as I realize that i have no idea who this kind man is. 

"I was just thinking the same thing. I'm Liam Mac and you are?" He laughs as he speaks. 

"I'm Violet Jones" I stick my hand out for him to shake which he takes and places a kiss on it. 

"Soon to be?" Do I really have to tell him?

"Emerson" I guess he realized who Ace was cause his eyes just widened.

"Ah your the new edition to the Emerson family. Well let me just tell you that you are going to be one good edition from what I can see." 

"Ah here you go love, try these on." He hands me a whole bunch of dresses.

"Wow that's a lot" I exclaim with a laugh. 

"Yeah and sweetheart we don't have enough time because from what reservation notes say, you are not only getting a dress but shoes and jewelry and even getting your makeup done. So let's go get our move on." Liam starts pushing me in the direction of what I assume is the changing room.