Chapter 12

Violet

It was him.

He was right in front of me.

He was wearing a solid navy-blue suit with a matching tie and a white shirt underneath. "Oliver, it's fine we just arrived as well" Ace says as he stands up blocking me from Oliver but I could still see him. He gives Ace a confused look, "we?" I never thought that I would ever have to hear that voice again. It brings back some strong emotions.

"Yeah, I thought I would bring along my fiancé" please don't move Ace please. I don't want him to see me here. Unfortunately, Ace moves to motion towards me. Oliver just stares at me and I stare at him. I look into those horrible eyes that keep bringing back all of those feelings.

"Honey, are you okay?" I didn't even realize that I was crying until Ace asked me if I was okay. I won't let him see me this way. I won't let him win.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just had something in my eyes" I shake it off. I won't let him know how I feel right now but I have a feeling he already knows because I can see him hiding a smirk. I just need to stay away from him and everything will be fine and no one will know anything.

"Okay well, I think we should order then" Charlie says. Oliver still doesn't say anything and simple sits down in front of me as if nothing ever happened. I know he didn't forget what he did to me. I couldn't and based off of the way he's looking at me, I know he didn't.

Trying to distract myself from the monster in front of me, I start to read the menu but I can't even decide what I want. The waiter soon came to take our orders. Everybody ordered by I still couldn't make up my mind, there was too much going on. "Baby what do you want?" Ace asks me. Well I DON'T KNOW.

Closing the menu, I gently place it down, "I'll just have whatever you ordered."

Just as the waiter leaves we are surrounded by silence, but it wasn't long before it was broken, "oh, Oliver I completely forgot to give you a proper introduction of my fiancé. Oliver this is Violet and Violet this is Oliver" he says motioning to me and Oliver. Let's see how he plays this. Have we already met or not?

"What a lovely name, Violet." Of course, that's how he wants to play it. He sticks out his filthy hand for me to shake. Trying not to make a disgusted face, I think of a way out of touching is hand. "Thank you, and I'm just getting over a cold so, I hope you understand." I finish with a small smile which only he and I know is fake. "Yes, of course." He continues to look at me with a sinister look on his face. Neither one of us look away, which causes Charlie to let out an awkward cough, breaking our stare.

"Congratulations" His voice makes me cringe. I wasn't going to respond to him and I guess Ace got the message since he answered with a 'thank you'.

Without wasting a second Charlie steers the conversation back to business, "so, let's talk about the deal shall we." Thank you, Charlie, the sooner we get this out of the way the sooner I can get away from your perverted of a son.

"Alright, so I was thinking that we could-" I just dose off now. I can't even follow what they are saying. I mean I am trying to pay attention but I just can't. Having Oliver here is not doing good things for my head. There are so many thoughts going around and I hate it. It took me so long to move past it and he comes along bringing everything back.

Our lunch comes and we all start eating though the deal conversation never stopped. I didn't even feel comfortable eating because I could feel Oliver's gaze on me. How does not one else notice this creep?

AGH! I don't even like saying his name. What he did is so disgusting. I am brought back to the real world when I feel someone's foot trailing up my leg. I jolt up hitting my knee on the table. My little action caught the attention of everyone on the table including some of the others. "Are you alright dear?" Charlie asks me as he looks at me worried. Such a sweet man, I wonder why his son is like this.