Chapter 11

Violet

After hours of working my ass off I finally got a caterer, a florist, people to do decorations, and a couple of venues. Now all Mr. Boss needs to do is check out the venue and let me know which one he prefers so I can let everybody know where they need to work. After the venue is selected, I can send the invites.

I get up from my chair, which I have been sitting in for the so long that I can't feel my ass, and walk towards his office. I knock three times and enter when I hear a light "come in". Taking a deep breath, I walk in ready to face the monster behind the door. "Sir, I have everything prepared all you need to do is decide on a venue for the party" I stand in front of him but he still doesn't look up. A bit rude but I don't think I should care.

"Just pick one and remember what I said. Nothing but the best" he talks to me with such an attitude. Whatever. I walk out of his office, not wanting to talk to him anymore. In my office, I go through the pictures of the venues and pick the grand ballroom with many balconies. I could have picked the terrace but what if it gets chilly so I figured it would be better if it was inside and if people wanted, they could go outside. I also know that a venue is best picked when seen in person but god knows the brat won't let me leave.

I pick up my phone and rent the ballroom. Then I make the necessary calls for the people who are going to work for the party and the ones decorating it and cooking etc. I also send out the invites for the party.

After making my calls and sending out the invites, I get back to my work that doesn't require party planning. I had to type of some notes from the previous meeting this week that I didn't type up when I had the chance. My procrastinating ass always has to save everything for last minute making it harder for me.

"Let's go" I hear the voice of the devil breaking me out of my concentration. "Wait I have to finish this up" I didn't even realize that it was already 7 and I'm supposed to leave at 4. Wow I worked 3 hours over time. I guess he had worked to do as well. Although it wouldn't have made a difference if I finished early because he is my ride.

"No. Now" the two words and that tone made me quickly save my work on my flash drive and the computer, for back up, and packed the notes and the laptop into my brief case and made my way to Ace as fast as I could, because I know that he is the kind of guy to leave me. "You could've let me finish my work. I was almost done." I voice myself as we make our way to the elevator.

We step into the elevator and there is nothing but silence, "It's not my fault that you aren't fast enough. If you're going to work here you need to speed things up". Ace is on his phone whereas I was staring straight ahead at the metal doors. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right, I need to work faster.

Not a minute later, we are in his car and he starts driving in silence, no music, nothing. Honestly speaking, I think it's better to have silence than to talk to him. 20 minutes later we arrive at his penthouse but like the other night, I am the only one who got out while he drove off.

I already know what he's going to do so without wasting my energy on him, I go up and quickly take my shower. I'm tired and hungry, I guess I could just make something easy for dinner.

Once everything was ready, I hop on the sofa and look for something good to watch. I hate flipping through channels because I can never decide on what to watch and then I hate ads so I just turn to my best friend Netflix. Since I still have some work to go, rather than watching TV for a bit, once I was done I cleaned the kitchen and started my notes.

Thankfully I finished in half an hour, then I just spent some time on social media before I feel asleep.

Beep! Beep! Beep!