Chapter 8

Wow that was the best sleep in my life. As I stretch and grab my phone to check the time. Shit it's already 9:30! I quickly rush to the bathroom to get ready. 

After brushing my teeth and taking a shower. I step into my closet and take out some black jeans and a burgundy blouse with a white cardigan. Getting dressed I make my way to the kitchen. 

I see Ace sitting at the breakfast bar doing something on his phone. I decide to ignore him and go make myself coffee and grab a chocolate chip muffin. "You should really learn to wake up early." He says but doesn't look up at me. I look at him for a couple of seconds yet he still doesn't look up. "Excuse me but I do wake up early I just over slept today" I explain with a bit of sass in my voice.

"Okay" he with a little chuckle insinuating he doesn't believe me. Not wanting to argue with him first thing in the morning I ignore him and grab my muffin and coffee, I sit myself down at the furthest stole from Ace. He's like a plague that you just want to avoid. But he is one hot plague.

What are you saying? Shut up! You hate that man! Look at what he's making you do.

I sat there quickly and quietly eating and drinking my breakfast and coffee. After I finished my coffee I put it into the sink. My attention is put back on Ace when I hear his voice, "let's go we need to go to the mall and get you some clothes." He gets up and puts his phone into his pocket. "But I already told you, I really don't need them though" I tell him while looking at my eyebrows scrunched up.

I sigh loudly, "and I already told you, you're gonna be an Emerson, you need more clothes than you will ever wear." He says as he stands up. Well I don't mind getting more clothes. I wouldn't say no but is it okay for me to accept this proposal considering the position we're in. "Fine, let's go. Let me just go and get my purse." I say giving up, not wanting to fight. Also, I want an excuse for more clothes. I feel like a gold digger now. Shit.

Just as I come back into the room with my purse I tell Ace what's been on my mind, "I feel like a gold digger. How about you let me pay for my own stuff." I can't be happy with anything if I feel guilty. This time it was Ace's turn to sigh, "no. From now on I'll be taking care of you, so you are my responsibility." I really want to say 'okay' with a high pitched voice but since this isn't a real relationship, I don't want to use his money.

"If we were in a real relationship, I wouldn't have a problem but we're not and so I'm not okay with it." I make eye contact while I try my best to convince him, I have enough money to shop for myself. He throws his head back in annoyance, "you need to dress like an Emerson, I'm not sure you'd be able to pay for it." I narrow my eyes at him, I might not have as much money as him but I have money in my bank account, I just don't want to spend it like crazy.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to argue he stops me with putting his hand up, "will you just let me do this? Be grateful, and don't argue, I'm not doing this so you could owe me, I'm doing it to help my image." He grabs my hand and drags me out and into the elevator. Of course, he's only doing it for himself.  

We both step out of the elevator as Ace walks us to the car. I jump as I suddenly feel a hand on the small of my back. "Relax it's just me" I shiver as I hear Ace's deep voice. I mumble a 'thank you' as Ace opens the car door for me. 

**********

20 minutes later we step into a very classy boutique, which I haven't been to in a long time. I don't even remember the last time I went shopping. 

As soon as we enter the store we're greeted my an employee, "hello sir and madam. How may I help you today?" A middle aged sales woman asked. "Yes, I would like to buy clothes for my fiancé." Ace speaks before I could. The lady doesn't even look my way, "anything in particular sir." Now the sales lady is just going to ignore me.