Chapter 31

Present Time

I was sitting with Evelyn as I was teaching her how to do her own hair. Never to early to start training your child how to do stuff on their own.

Suddenly we hear a knock on the door. "Who could that be?" I say knowing we're not expecting anyone.

"I'll get it" Carlos shouts running to the door and opening it. As the people walk in I see Dede, Geri, and Hannah strolling in. "Hey what are you guys doing her!?" I say running up to them and hugging them tightly. Soon I hear footsteps coming down from upstairs. "I hear visitors, I hope they have food!" Mal says running downstairs.

"Sorry Mal, we're a little empty handed today" Hannah says chuckling.

"Well lucky for you, I cooked about an hour ago and you're welcome to stay for dinner" I say with a smile. "M can you grab everybody for dinner please?" I say with a big and wide smile. "Ugh fine, I'll go get everyone" she says walking upstairs begrudgingly.

"You all can take a seat and everything while I go talk to Carlos for a quick second." I say while pulling Carlos to the side.

"Hey whats wrong?" he asks confused. "You didn't tell me people were coming over. Don't get me wrong I love them but I was kinda hoping for just Carlos and Evie time today." I say with a slight smile. "Oh Evie Im so sorry I didn't know." he says apologetically.

"No its fine. I overreacted a little bit." I say calming down.

"Ok well let's go eat with our extended family then we can have our 'Carvie' time, as Mal and Audrey call it" he says making me giggle.

He holds my hand as we walk back to the table and see everyone sitting and ready to eat. "Of course the greatest couple in the world had to be fashionably late" Lonnie says making the whole room erupt in laughter.

We're all eating and having a good conversation but Carlos and I can't take our eyes off each other. Just like the day we first met.

I really love this guy, more than anything else.

____________________________
Sad to say, there is only one chapter left 😕 After this book is done, my focus will be turned to the Camfia and Wenlivia book. On May 1, I will release the first 3 chapters of a brand new Carvie book that will be titled "Best Friends Turn To Lovers" so stay tuned and thanks so much for your love and support.