Chapter 10

A few days later, Evie is still mad at me. I attempted to talk to her a few times but she's obviously done with me.

At lunch

I look at the table to see Mal, Ben, and Evie talking and laughing. I walk over to the table and sit next to Evie. "Hey" I say speaking to them. Evie rolls her eyes and gets up walking away.

At Evie and Mal's dorm

I walk in the girls dorm to see Evie, Mal, and Audrey sitting on the floor playing a game. "Hey girls, what's up" I say. Evie huffs and walks out the room.

The hollow tree

Walking around Auradon, I see Evie sitting at the hollow tree reading a book. I walk up to her and wave. "Hi Evie" I say with a smile. She glares at me then stands up walking past me quickly.

Finally giving up I head to my room and lay in the bed crying.

I soon hear somebody open the door. "Carlos, what's going on?" I look up to see Mal. "Evie won't talk to me anymore" I say sitting up. "She told me what you said to her. What you said was true but you could've said it nicer." Mal says rubbing my shoulder.

"I screwed up big time" I say sighing. "Not really. Just a little" she says. I glare at her giving her the look. "You're supposed to be helping me. Not bringing me down" I say.

"Oh right" Mal says. "Mal I appreciate the help but can you please leave?" I ask pointing to the door.

Mal slowly gets up and walks out the room.

I sit there staring at the floor silently. I put my head in my pillow continuing to cry.

Mal's P.O.V

I left Carlos room and went looking for Evie. As I walk in our room I see her sitting on her bed staring at a picture. "Evie" I call out to her but she doesn't hear me. I walk up to her and look at the picture she's staring at. It just so happens to be a picture of her and Carlos.

"Why don't you go talk to him" I say startling her. "I don't want to talk to him. He hurt my feelings" she says.

"Evie come on. Open your eyes! He didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Carlos love you! And he didn't just hurt your feelings, you hurt him too. Stop being so stubborn. He barely even wants to leave his room. You broke him Evie" I say to her.

I watch as a tear rolls down her cheek. "I never realized that. I didn't mean to hurt him" she says. "Just like he didn't mean to hurt you" I say.

Evie wipes the tears off her face and says "I need you just like you need me. You're my water and I'm your air. Carlos use to tell me that all the time. Now I see what it means and what it feels like."

I watch as Evie stands up and walks to the door. "Its time I talk to him" she says.

"I think you're right E"