Chapter 4

Carlos P.O.V

"Have you heard from Evie" I ask Jay while walking to the cafeteria. "No and Mal is worried because she wasn't in the room this morning and also we can't find Ben" he says.

I eat my food quickly so we can go talk to Mal.

As we get to her and Evie's room we see Mal in the corner of her room rocking back and forth like she's traumatized. "Mal" I call out to her. "HAYDEN HAS EVIE AND BEN" she shouts while busting into tears. "What are you talking about? Hayden is on the Isle" I say confused. Mal doesn't say anything but she points to her desk.

Me and Jay walk up to the desk and see a note.

Carlos and Mal. I knew I would see you again. If y'all ever wanna see your beloved Evie and Ben again, Carlos trade yourself for Evie and Mal trade yourself for Ben. If not, its bye bye blueberry and beasty boy. Oh, and its Hayden by the way.

"You have got to be kidding me" Jay says aloud.

"Mal, I think you know what this means" I say. "You're right Carlos. Let's go make the trade" she says getting up and wiping her face. "No guys, you can't do this" Jay says.

"Jay you don't understand. If we don't turn ourselves in then Evie and Ben will die" Mal says.

"But if you do this you two will die" Jay responds. "Then that's just how its gonna be. There's no way I'm letting Evie die and I vowed to protect her for the rest of my life and I'm not breaking that vow now" I walk out with Mal slamming the door leaving Jay behind.

By now tears are filling up in my eyes. "Mal, call Lonnie and Audrey for backup. We'll need Jay as well but they need to hide out in case Hayden does something tricky" I say.

"There's no way we're letting Ben and Evie die" Mal says.

"Let's go"