Chapter 11

Evie's P.O.V

I walk to Carlos room to hear sobbing outside the door. I turn on the doorknob to see its unlocked. Walking in, I see Carlos with his face in his pillow crying. Seeing this breaks my heart and makes me feel like dirt for causing him this pain.

I walk up to him and sit next to him on the bed. "I'm sorry" I say slowly beginning to cry.

He looks up at me with the tears in his eyes and then looks back down probably too sad to even face me. "Carlos, can you please look at me?" I ask reassuringly. I watch as Carlos sits up and face me.

"Carlos I'm really sorry. You know I wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt you. I was just being petty. You were only looking out for me and I failed to realize that. Can you please forgive me?" I say to him with a slight smile. Carlos looks at me not saying anything.

"Carlos what do you need me to do? I said I was sorry and I really mean it. Can you please look past this incident and somehow forgive me? I really didn't mean any of..."

Suddenly I am cut off by Carlos kissing me causing my eyes to grow wide.

He pulls away blushing and I look at him with a smile. "I missed you" I say. "Really cause I thought you hated me now" he said looking down at the ground. "Carlos I could never hate you. No matter how mad we make each other" I said.

"I forgive you" Carlos says with a smile.

I grab Carlos' hand and hold it. "Good because remember what you told me?" I ask him. "What?" he says confused.

"I need you just like you need me. You're my water and I'm your air. I saw clear evidence of that the past few days." I say to him. Carlos wraps his arm around me in a hug. "Thanks Evie" he says.