Chapter 16

As we get back in the car, Mal and I close our eyes again waiting for the arrival of our next surprise.

About 5 minutes later, we hear them say "Here we are." We open our eyes to see the amusement park "Auradonian Adventures." A big smile grows on Mal's face as she notices where we are. "Oh my gosh" she squeals. She immediately hops out the car and runs to the front gate.

"Nooooo, I don't do rollarcoasters. They're too scary." I whine.

"Mal went to the mall for you. At least ride one to show your gratitude in return" Carlos says to me. "But its scary" I say pointing at the big one.

"Wait, can Mal even ride a rollercoaster? She's 5 months pregnant" Ben says interrupting. "Like that's gonna stop her" I say getting out the car. I see Mal still waiting at the front gate and run up to her. "Are you sure you can do these rides Mal? You're 5 months pregnant" I say to her. "Oh Macie will be fine. Besides, I'll only ride the ones they say its ok for me to ride" she says. "Ok good, you had me worried for a minute" I say relieved. "Awwwe you named her Macie?" I ask her with a smile. "Yea, Ben's mom picked it out" she responds lightly blushing

We turn to see Carlos and Ben walking towards us. "Ready?" Ben asks us. "I was born ready!" Mal shouts causing a few people to stare at us. "Mal, hush" I say to her.

We pay and then walk inside the park. Mal grabs Ben's arm and takes off running with him to find something she's able to ride.

"And there she goes" I giggle. "Come on. Let's go ride something" Carlos says to me. "I'm scared" I say shaking my head. "Evie, I'll be right next to you" he says. "Ok, I'll go" I answer finally giving in.

Carlos grabs my hand and walks up to a big rollercoaster. "Carlos are you trying to kill me" I say looking at him.

"No of course not" he replies slightly offended. We wait in line for about 10 minutes until its our turn. We step in the cart and I'm scared out of my mind. "Carlos if I die it'll be your fault" I say looking at him. The ride starts to move as we start going up to the top.

I squeal and close my eyes. "Hold my hand" I say in a baby voice. Carlos grabs my hand and I squeeze it tightly.

Suddenly the ride drops and I'm screaming like crazy. Soon the ride is over and I get off shaking. "See that wasn't so bad right?" Carlos asks me. "Let's ride another one" I shout.

I grab Carlos arm and pull him away to another ride.