Chapter 22

As the kids finished playing, I was in the kitchen with Carlos making dinner when Audrey walked past.

"Good evening guys, I'll be in my room so let me know when dinner is ready" she says walking upstairs. I hear the kids scream "Auntie Audrey" and I laugh at how much they love her.

Carlos comes to look in the pot to see what I'm cooking.

"Oooo I like chili" he says looking at it. "I know. That's why I'm making it" I say with a smile. "Guess what's coming soon" Carlos asks cheesing. My birthday!!" I squeal. "What do you want?" he asks me. "Nothing" I say plainly. "What do you mean nothing?" he says confused. "I don't need anything for my birthday" I repeat. "How come?" Carlos asks.

"I already have everything I could possibly want" I say with a smile.

I watch as a smile grows on face. As both of us are leaning in, we stop when our noses are touching. "You're still getting a present" he says with a smirk. "I know" I whisper. I grab him by his collar and kiss him, closing the gap between us.

"Ew mommy and daddy. That's yucky" we hear. We immediately pull away and see Evelyn and Carter standing there. "Go get ready for dinner" Carlos says pointing to the bathroom.

"I'll beat you to the bathroom" Carter says. Evelyn pushes him on the floor and says "You're mean."

"Eve! Apologize to your brother" I say looking at her. "No! He's means and I don't like him" she responds. "Evelyn Erin de Vil. Listen to your mother and apologize right now" Carlos says crossing his arms. Evelyn sighs and walls up to Carter. "I'm sorry Carter" she says helping him up. "Good now go wash up" Carlos says sternly. They run off to the bathroom as I make a bowl of chili for everybody.

Mal and Ben come over with Macie sitting her at the dinner table. Then comes Jay and Lonnie, and one by one the table is filled.

I put a bowl of chili in front of everybody as Mal gives everybody a drink.

Evelyn and Carter come running back and sit in their chairs right next to Macie. "I like your chili Auntie Evie" Macie says with a smile. "Awwwe thanks sweetie" I respond.

"What about my food" Mal says.

"I'm sorry mommy but you can't cook. Only daddy can cook" Macie says. Ben looks at Mal and sticks his tongue out at her making everybody erupt in laughter.