XLIV

Jung Hoseok POV

"Hoseok, come on." Jae said helping me up. I was still in a state of shock, first off the loss of my wings then the death of Jimin and Yoongi. Yoongi's body had disappeared, gone with the wind. That left Jimin, alone in the ground, no clolour on his face. I looked and saw that Jae's face was tear stained, but then again mine was too. "Let's get you inside so we can really clean your wounds." Brian said but I shook my head. "We can't just leave him." I said, pointing to Jimin's lifeless body. The snow was red, and I couldn't bare to see his body decompose without proper burial. "How about this, we get you cleaned up, then we'll come back out at sunset and bury him or something." Brian said and I nodded, unsure. "Cover him with snow so the animals don't get to him." I said and thry nodded, before Jae pulled me inside.

It was a deadly silence that hung in the air, and I cringed in pain as Jae cleaned the wounds on my back. I knew they were bad from when I had seen Taehyung's before, the large wounds never heal. It stung when he cleaned them, but it wasn't the worst pain in the world. Well, the worst pain was getting them cut off in the first place. I felt a cool ointment go on my back, the last of the stuff that Jimin had made this morning. I hope he's happy it came to use.

"You should probably rest." Brian said but I shook my head as I put my cloak on. "We need to do this." I said and he sighed before stepping out into the snow. The others were waiting, and Dowoon was at Jimin's side. "He's in Heaven now. I can feel it." Dowoon said and I smiled for my friend. I was glad that he didn't go to Hell, what a horrible place that is. I walked over to Jimin's body, and kneeled down next to him. Dowoon had healed his wounds so it only looked as if were sleeping, and well very pale. I touched his face gently, my black lace gloves grazing his skin. We were told to wear gloves if we were going to touch him, apparently it's polite. "What about Yoongi? Is he in Heaven?" I asked but Dowoon sighed. "I'm afraid not. Hoseok, he's in Purgatory." Dowoon said and I frowned. I had heard about Purgatory before, it's a place where Monsters, Angels, and Demons all go when they die. It's vicious in Purgatory, and nobody knows what happens if you die there. I sighed, and ran my hands through Jimin's pink hair like I did when he was in Hell. I wished I had helped him more, and now he was dead.

"Alright, we should bury him now." Dowoon said and I nodded reluctantly. Dowoon ran his hand over the snow, it melted and in a matter of seconds, flowers grew. They were poppies, and a memory of Jimin telling me they were his favourite crossed my mind. The flowers were red, and I picked them from the ground. Dowoon tied a ribbon around them and I placed them in Jimin's hands, so he was holding them. "We should lay him in the pond. Where we first talked." I said and Dowoon nodded. He snapped his fingers, and we all appeared at the pond. Dowoon walked away to the pond, leaving me and the others. "I'm sorry Jimin. I hope to see you again." I said letting a tear fall down my cheek. I stepped away, and waited for the others. Everyone else gave their blessings, Jae first, then the others. Dowoon was last as he prepared the pond. The water was separated, and I realized that a glass coffin sat at the bottom. "I made it so only Angels and Demons can see his grave. It's a reminder of the brutalities of war between Heaven and Hell." He said and I nodded. "I think he would like that." Jae said and I smiled at him. "Yeah." I said and Dowoon smiled. "Do you want the honour?" He asked and I nodded. I walked over, and carefully picked up Jimin's body. He was stiff and heavy, and I quickly walked over and down to his coffin. I placed him inside, adjusted the flowers and his hair, before shedding one more tear. I walked back up and out before sighing. Dowoon then sealed his coffin, and dropped the water on top of him. "He'll be safe, he's protected by magic so he can't be crushed by the water or decompose." Dowoon said and I smiled, suddenly feeling tired.

The sun had fully set by the time we got back, and an empty quiet filled the room. It had been decided that we would leave tomorrow, and continue on our ways. They also offered for me to travel with them and become a hunter, but I said that I didn't know. I knew that I would put them in more danger in I traveled with them, but unlike Taehyung I didn't have a lovely mansion to just chill in until I got a chance to get my wings back. I also knew that Demons would hunt me down, but I wasn't sure why Taehyung didn't kill me. I knew that Namjoon would've if I didn't take him out, but Taehyung and Jungkook just left. On that, I still wasn't sure what Jungkook meant. "I know you'll find what you're looking for eventually." His words ran in my mind, but I didn't understand it. Me, the boy with all the knowledge in the world, didn't understand something. It was as if he knew something I didn't and It reminded me of when we first met. "I hope you find what you're looking for." Was what he told me. The only thing that changed was that he now seems to know what I'm looking for. Only if I knew however. I sighed, before crawling into bed and falling into a suprisingly peaceful sleep.

The next day was filled with running around as everyone packed up. I was sad to go, but I knew I had to. This was a place for Angels, and a majority of us weren't Angels. We were to hike out and to the cars, before driving to Busan. We were close to Seoul now, but Brian thought it would be good to get far away from this place. He was right, we would never shake the gloom of Jimin and Yoongi's death off if we stayed. So we packed and put everything back in place. Dowoon did one last touch up, and we left. I still wasn't sure if I would continue with the hunters, I had a feeling I had to search for what Jungkook had told me. And I knew that hunting Monsters wasn't it. Maybe I could travel the world, oh wait, I didn't have any money. Actually I didn't have anything execpt the clothes I had on my body.

We walked out of the woods and eventually their car was in sight. There was another car as well, a red thunder bird. As we walked closer, I noticed that someone was inside it. "Guys." I whispered pointing to the car. "We got this." Sungjin said pulling out his gun. "Who would even be here?" I asked, but I knew that the magic barrier here was gone. The person in the car was wearing sunglasses and a hat, covering almost all of their face. They were in the passengers seat, as if waiting for someone to get in the car. We walked closer, and the person got out. They looked at us, and a smile fell across their lips. We looked at each other, and the glasses came off.

There stood Jimin, in his fully Angelic form. He was wearing white, and his once pink hair was now it's natural black. He was wearing a white suit jacket and black T-shirt under it. Overall, he looked amazing. I ran up and hugged him, and he smiled brightly. "How are you here? I thought you... died" Jae suddenly asked before hugging Jimin. Everyone else was slightly confused as well, and he just smiled. "First off, than you so much for preparing my body so well. I know it will teach many Demons and Angels who are confused on what is the right desicon." He said and we all smiled. "However, that's not why I'm here." Jimin said, and I frowned slightly. "He looked at me, and smiled. Hoseok, it has been requested that you come back to Heaven with me and become an Angel of the lord. Of course, you can say no if you want to." He said and I stepped back in shock. Me? An Angel? "Are you serious?" I asked and he nodded. "It's very rare, but after I told Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael about your desicion to aid us by betraying Lucifer and the others they knew it was the right desicion." Jimin said and I froze. "You've talked to the Archangels!??" I ask-yelled and he smiled. "Yes, and you will too if you come with me." Jimin said and I smiled. I looked behind me, and the others had smiles on their faces, urging me to go. "So, will you come? You're running out of time to decide." He said and I smiled. "I'll come." I said and he smiled before getting into the drivers seat and staring the Thunder Bird. I quickly ran over and hugged everyone before wishing them goodbye's. "I'll see you upstairs them huh?" Dowoon said and I nodded. "Bye guys!" I yelled happily as I waved goodbye and got inside the car.

"So this is it huh?" I asked and Jimin nodded but I saw that the smile had faded from his face. "You miss Yoongi. I'm sorry." I said and he nodded as he put the car in drive. "Yeah, but I know I'll see him again. Like you said, we're soulmates. That means eventually we'll find each other again." Jimin said before smiling again. I could now tell that despite being one of the most graceful beings in existence, he was sad, and broken hearted. "Alright, I guess we should go now." Jimin said and I nodded. And at that moment, just as Jimin pressed the gas and we drove up into the sky, I knew that Jungkook was right, I had indeed found what I had been looking for.

~~~~~~
Hey guys! Well, our sunshine got to become an Angel. I wanted to give him a happy ending and I think it suits. On the topic of books, an au I have is going slow and soon I'm off to go to Ireland. So I don't know how long it'll be until another book comes out. I hope you enjoyed!
                                  - e.s