LVII

Jung Hoseok POV

     I ran through the hallways making my way downstairs to the training room. I entered silently, and looked around to make sure nobody was around. I quickly went into the weapons room and walked around before grabbing a bag in one of the bins and getting different assortments of weapons to take with me. I then heard a click of a door and doubled my pace quickly closing the bag and exiting the room.

     I entered the forest and went clattering to the floor as soon as I did. Snow covered my face sending icy chills down my spine and I lied on the ground for a few seconds. I calculated where I was, and I realized where I was put. I looked up at the charred mansion, and tears threatened to spill. The place where I spent so much time in, destroyed. The whole second floor was gone, and the first floor looked as if it was going to collapse any second. I stood up and walked over to it, taking in the horrid scene that I now faced.

     The world was silent as I looked at everything around. Yoongi had used Holy Fire, which caused twice the damage in half the time. I should've known he was going to burn the place down, how else could he have gotten Jungkook and Taehyung to leave? I sighed, and looked back out at the garden that was surprisingly okay. The flowers had long wilted and the grass covered in snow, but the pool hadn't iced over somehow. I walked over to it and fog rose from the water. I sat down next to it, and sat there looking at the water. My reflection was dark, and the large cut across my face I felt as if it was a sign to everyone that I was a dirty traitor. I continued to look at the water until it suddenly rippled, and I looked up. A bird sat at the other end, pecking at it's reflection. I hadn't seen a bird in so long, how did it get here? I looked at it, and it dawned on me. Now that Taehyung is gone, so is everything he did here on earth. The spell that removed any animals from this forest, the protection spell that kept other monsters out, all of it except the very garden I sat in. I stood up at that realization, knowing that I should probably get going until unwanted attention comes to me.

     The sun had set and I still hadn't arrived at my destination. With the unprotected forest it was far too dangerous to turn as it would set off a large signal basically saying "Hey random D emon here hit me up if you wanna kill someone." I settled down near a couple of logs and shivered at the cooling temperatures. I quickly broke a few branches off of a tree and built a small fire before lighting it enough to provide me warmth throughout the night. I then lied down on the cold, hard ground to fall into a restless sleep.

     I trudged through the snow and smiled when I finally got to the fort in the trees. It really was magnificent, and extremely hard to find if you didn't know where you were supposed to be looking. I walked to the entrance and adjusted the bag I carried before entering the hideout to bring the grave news to the only people I had.

     As soon as the door opened a pair of arms crushed me in a hug. I shook my head, looking at Jimin, who soon let go of me. I smiled at him, and he looked good. For the short amount of time he had been in safe hands, how was he even out of bed? He pulled me inside, and I smiled at everyone else as I entered. "Hoseok! We're so glad you're here." Sungjin said, and the words filled me with warmth. "We were worried that you wouldn't be okay. After you passed out when we got to the palace, I worried if you would be okay." Yoongi said and I smiled before putting down my bag. "So, what brings you back here? You know you've done enough for us already." Brian said, and that's when my smile slipped. I felt guilty that I had to ruin my welcome party, but their safety came first. "Ah yes, I guess you could say I've helped you all too much." I said taking a seat at their large dining table. "What do you mean?" Jimin asked as he placed a glass of water on the table for me. "Taehyung and Namjoon caught me. They found out that I betrayed them." I said before taking a sip of water. "I'm sorry." Jimin whispered as he moved back to Yoongi's side across the table. "I hate to break the harsh news, but it's not over yet. I came to warn you guys. Taehyung and the others are coming, and soon." I said, sighing. "I had a feeling that would happen." Yoongi said looking at Jimin. "Do you know how soon?" Brian asked, and I shook my head. "Any day now I would say." I said and they nodded. "So do we just grab our guns and shoot at them trying our hardest to kill them?" Sungjin asked, and I shook my head. "It's never that easy. You see time is a concept here on earth. You have the sun to track it, but we have nothing to track it, so we don't. This means that everything is a bit outdated." I said before standing up and grabbing my bag. "How outdated?" Sungjin asked and I opened the bag. "So outdated that we still use swords and shields to fight." I said before pouring the weapons on the table. "Oh, that's more than a little out dated Hoseok." Sungjin asked and I shook my head. "To you yes, to me no. I've been around for thousands of years." I said and Sungjin nodded, finally understanding. "Is that also why you wear the clothes you do?" Jimin asked, and I nodded.

     "So we have to fight with these things?" Brian asked looking, but not daring to touch the sharp pile of weapons. "Yep." I answered before picking up my personal sword, and my beloved bow and set of arrows. "And how are we going to have time to do this?" Sungjin asked and I frowned. "Last time I checked, Jungkook had only used a sword once or twice. He still has to train, which gives us time to teach you guys." I said and Yoongi nodded putting his hand on the hilt on his sword. "Okay so there are three swords so only three of us have to  fight right?" Brian asked, and I nodded. "I took everything into consideration beforehand and three plus Yoongi and me will be enough. This sounds like it's going to be a huge rampaging battle, but it really won't be." I said and they nodded. "Alright, I know I'm fighting, who else?" Brian asked and I turned to look at the others. "I guess I will. I've always wanted to use a sword." Sungjin said and I let out a small laugh. "Okay, well that means one more person." I said and we looked at Wonpil and Dowoon. We all know that Jimin wouldn't be fighting, Jae was nowhere to be seen so he most likely wasn't going to fight, so it left Wonpil and Dowoon.

     "I can fight. We need another Angel if we're ever going to take them down or even put up a fight." Dowoon said and we nodded. "Jae, Jimin and me can be backup if anything goes wrong." Wonpil said and Jimin nodded despite Yoongi giving him a look. "Alright then, are you boys ready to learn how to kick some ass old school style?" Yoongi asked and a cheer was heard from the room as the others picked up their swords. "Wonpil, I'll teach you the basics of old medicines that we can use if anyone gets hurt. We need all we can get for this." Jimin said and Wonpil smiled standing up. "After I can teach you how to climb a tree. We can be lookouts." Wonpil said and the innocence of the two warmed my heart. "Oh Hoseok, later on tonight me and Jiminnie need to talk to you." Yoongi said and I nodded, it was probably about Jimin's impossibly fast recovery. "Okay then, let's go do some cool shit!" Brian said and we all started laughing as I stood up. I stopped however, suddenly picking up the underlying nervous tension in the room. I guess I wasn't the only one who's a bit worried about what's to come. I shook it off and swallowed however, knowing that fear is what Taehyung and Namjoon practically feed on. "Alright guys, let's do this." I said before leading the four outside.

~~~~~~
Hey guys! I've been very busy lately, and it kinda sucks. I just want to sleep at the time. Matter a fact, I need to go to sleep like right now. So I hope you enjoyed!
                - e.s