XXV

Park Jaehyung POV

     I sat down at the table and smiled knowing I was out of school and back to work. I mean what use is school when you hunt supernatural beings for a living? I smiled but I let it fade when I caught sight of the burn scars on my wrists. I knew that the Demons would do what ever they could to get information out of me but not literally light parts of my body on fire. I tried my best to hide them and I used products to get rid of them but people still saw and asked. Like what do you say "Yeah, I just got kidnapped and tortured by some demons then sold to a vampire coven it's all chill." haha yeah that would get me sent away forever.

     "Jae." a voice said and I looked up. Wonpil looked at me and smiled. "Focus, dude. Were you paying any attention at all?" he asked and I shook my head. he frowned before looking back down to his papers being careful not to get food on them. "Jae, are you sure that you're ready to get back at it? These last couple of months have been hard on you." Sungjin finally spoke up and I looked down. "Of course I can. I was practically raised as a hunter. I'm just rusty." I lied trying to say it confidently. To be honest, I didn't know if I was ready to hunt again this early. I was only out for about a month an even I know that it takes longer to heal from what I had gone through for so many months. I looked up and focused on making it look like I was paying attention even though my mind was a jumbled mess.

     "Everyone!" A man yelled as soon as he entered the diner. "What's wrong?" A woman asked behind them and the we turned to see what the man had to say. "The police just announced it. Jin's missing." He said and I looked at the others. "Kim Seokjin?" A waiter asked and the man nodded. "He's the third to go missing!" Someone yelled and I looked at Wonpil. "Excuse me sir can you come here?" Sungjin asked and the man walked over. The others pulled out their badges and Brain nudged me. I said a quiet sorry before pulling out my own. "We're working on the missing persons case right now care to tell us what happened?" Wonpil asked and the pulled over a chair and sat down.
     "I don't know a lot but I was told by the police that he disappeared sometime on Friday. He never came home after school and nobody has said to see him go. Police are guessing he disappeared sometime during school." The man finished and we looked at each other. "Okay thank you." Brian said before telling us to follow and leaving the diner.

    "What do think?" Sungjin asked but Wonpil just shrugged. "I really don't think we can do anything until Dowoon comes back." he said before looking in front to see our angel friend. "Speaking of the Devil." said as they walked to Dowoon. "Hey guys." he said as he got close enough to us. "I have news. Min Yoongi has sent something out on the angel radio. I think I know where to find him." He said and Wonpil patted the younger on the back. "Lead the way."

     "He should be around here." Dowoon said as we all got out of the car. "This place is kinda spooky if you ask me." I said and Sungjin laughed. We walked to the trunk before taking out salt and holy water. "I really don't know what we're facing here." Brain said to Dowoon who was giving him a weird look. "Do you got the demon Knife?" Wonpil asked Brain and he nodded before giving me a flask of holy water. I looked down at the flask and frowned knowing they didn't want to give me anything serious yet.
We walked through the thick forest three with guns already loaded and ready to shoot, an angel tracker and me, a loser with Holy water. "Anything?" Brain asked and Dowoon nodded. "I can tell he's close but the forest is thick. It's hard to tell. He could be two feet away for two hundred feet away and I wouldn't be able to tell." he said and Wonpil frowned. "But can't you usually pin the exact location of angels near you?" I finally spoke and he nodded. "Yes, but this forest is weird. It's messing my senses up. It's almost like someone else is here and doesn't want angels or anything else here." he said and the I nodded. "Hey, do you guys know where the hell we even are?" Sungjin suddenly asked stopping and we did too. The car was nowhere to be seen and the others did seem to notice that they had no clue where they were. "If I don't know where we are and I'm the best tracker in all of the America if not the whole world, how do we know that this angel isn't lost too? What if he just got lost in this massive forest?" Sungjin added and the others frowned. "Well this is just great." Brian said when suddenly a noise was heard. We all froze and looked around.
"Did you hear that?" I whispered and Brian raised his gun, ready to shoot. "Do you think it's them?" Wonpil asked and Brian shrugged before leading the way in front to where the noise was heard.
Me and Dowoon stayed a few steps back because we didn't have weapons an it made a pit of jealously fill my stomach. The three walked ready to shoot and I frowned knowing that I probably wouldn't miss either, but they all of a sudden were so careful about me. I knew that my kidnapping was a bit of a rude awakening, but it's not my fault that they were demons and I was, and still am, just human.     

     The noise of footsteps was heard and we all froze. "On three?" Wonpil asked and the other two with guns nodded. "One. Two. Three!" he whisper-yelled before. We all jumped through the thick brush.
"Oh my God!" A voice yelled as the three held up their guns. "It's him." Dowoon said walking in front and I followed not far behind. My friends kept their guns up however and I looked at Sungjin "Yoon Dowoon?" A voice said and I saw that it belonged to a boy about my age, with jet black hair, who was holding onto someone who's face couldn't be seen. "Are you Min Yoongi?" Sungjin asked gun still up and the boy, Yoongi nodded. "And who the heck are you?" he asked still hugging the other. "This is Jae, Sungjin, Wonpil and Brian, the best hunters in South Korea, if not all of Asia." Dowoon said before looking at the others to put down their guns. "We're not putting down our guns until they do the test." Brian spoke out and Dowoon looked at him confused before realizing what he meant. "They need to make sure you aren't going to kill them. We all have trust issues after some recent events." Dowoon said looking at me. I looked down and frowned.

     I gave Wonpil the flask before he took out his silver pocket knife. I watched as Yoongi whispered something to the other and he finally turned around his face to be shown. He had gray hair and his face was red from tears. "This is Jimin. He's new to all this." Yoongi said but the other boy didn't make eye contact with any of us. I frowned thinking about how he got into this. I'm guessing he knows this Yoongi guy. Maybe they're lovers?
Wonpil dropped his gun before kneeling a few feet away from Jimin and Yoongi. "Hey I'm Wonpil, and I don't want you to be scared. We're not going to hurt you, we just need to make sure you aren't going to try to kill us." he said but I could tell that he was half lying. "How do I know you aren't lying and you're not some monster?" Jimin finally spoke out looking directly at me. I looked down breaking eye contact and he froze. "Wait. I think I've seen you before." Jimin said to me and I looked back up. The more I thought about it, I realized that I knew him from somewhere. "That's why we do the test." Wonpil cut in before undoing the flask. "Holy water." he said before taking a sip from it. He then handed it to Yoongi who took a sip. "Jimin" Yoongi said trying to give Jimin the bottle. Brian and Sungjin looked at each other even more ready to shoot. "Yoongi, you know I can barely keep soda down. I don't want to throw up." Jimin said quietly trying not to get the others attention. I guess he did a bad job though, cause I could hear him and Wonpil probably could to. "You won't. I promise that I'll make it up to you if you do." Yoongi said before pouring the drink into the others mouth. "See" Yoongi said before throwing the drink to Dowoon then it being passed around.

     After I got it the flask and drank from it, I put it away and watched Wonpil take out the knife. I watched and noticed the fear in Jimin's eyes. Wonpil pulled up his sleeve before sliding the knife across his arm causing blood to come out. He wiped the blood off before handing it to Yoongi. Yoongi also quickly sliced his own arm and wiped his blood on the grass. He looked at Jimin and who then snatched away the knife and rolled up his sleeve before running the knife along his arm slowly almost waiting for the blood to come out. "Jimin?" Yoongi asked and Jimin looked Yoongi in the eye. "How about we pretend that I don't have any experience with sharp objects coming in contact with my skin." Jimin said before throwing the knife to Sungjin. I tried my best to listen on to the conversation they had but it ultimately got too lazy to follow.

Eventually Brian and Sungjin also put down their guns and sat talking about what had happened to Yoongi and why he hadn't contacted anyone in days. Yoongi just looked at Jimin whose face couldn't be seen as he was sleeping. "So what's up with him?" I finally asked my curiosity clawing at my skin. "He has gone through a lot. I was supposed to be on the case but I fell for him. I don't know, it just seemed right." Yoongi said and I nodded. "I bet he would get along with Jae." Wonpil half teased and Brain slapped him. "What happened?" Yoongi asked quietly looking at me. "Demons, vamps, all the good stuff." I mumbled and Brain looked at me empathetically. "We all should've been more careful, but Jae ended up having to take the punishment in the end." Brain said and Yoongi nodded. "I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. Sometimes I wish that the a Garrison cared more about Hunters." Yoongi said but I scoffed. "There was nothing that an angel could've done to help. I just fucked up pre-usual and finally had to pay for it." I said before getting up to calm down from the wave of emotions that hit me every time we spoke about the topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Long chapter here but it's cool. Also, I promised a trailer that I have it finished, I'm just facing some complications with uploading it but it will eventually happen. Also, I'm too busy for a Christmas story atm but I have some new ideas circling that will also come sooner or later. That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed!
                                                - e.s