XXXVIII

Park Jimin POV

     I looked out the large window covered in blankets. It had really started to get cold since it had snowed, and this morning we found out that the heat didn't work. Yoongi insisted on fixing it and for me to stay in bed, but I was bored and I wanted to see the view. We were high up, so I could see the miles of woods that surrounded the hideout. I watched as the small flakes piled up and fell to the ground below. The snow was light enough that you could still go to work and things like that, but it was heavy enough to make you just want to cuddle and sleep. But because of the broken heat, I wouldn't fall asleep without freezing. I was wrapped in the duvet but I was still cold. The hunters were supposed to come over later, as no work could be done until the heat is fixed.

     "Jiminnie, I think I got it!" Yoongi's voice called and I looked up smiling. "Are you done?" I yelled back but I heard a few mumbles then a metallic pop. Noise erupted through the house and I heard a yelp of excitement. A few seconds later, Yoongi came running around the corner and to the bathroom. I got up still wrapped in the duvet, and walked to the bathroom. I stuck my head around the corner and saw Yoongi washing his hands before looking up at me. "I got the heat working. It should be toasty in a half hour or so." Yoongi said smiling brightly. "That's good." I responded and he frowned drying his hands. He walked over to me shutting the bathroom light off on the way. "Lovey, you've been out of bed for a while haven't you?" He asked and I smiled. "I was bored. I was watching the snow fall." I spoke and he smiled. "Okay. Are you dressed or anything?" he asked and I shook my head. "I don't even know where the clothes are. I don't really want to wear the same clothes over and over again without them at least being washed." I said and he smiled. "There has to be a closet somewhere in here. The only problem is that this place hasn't been used in at least fifty years." Yoongi said and I smiled. "Vintage clothing's the best." I said before stretching out my arms and the duvet. Yoongi looked at me confused but I smiled walking over and sharing the blanket.

     I Buttoned up the silky shirt and fixed the collar. The black shirt was clearly old, but that's partly why it was so beautiful. It had no stains or wrinkles, whoever put these clothes away took a lot of time to do so. I then put on my jacket, which was red with little starbursts of silver gems on it. I wondered who ever made this, but they were probably dead by now anyways. I walked out of the room I was changing in and smiled at Yoongi. He was wearing a red jacket and black shirt. "I look like a circus ringmaster." he said and I smiled. "It's cute." I said and he rolled his eyes. "You think everything I wear is cute." He scoffed and I laughed. "You do have a point there. I wouldn't tell you that you looked cute if you didn't though." I said and he looked down. "Well we should clean up a bit before the others get here." He said and I nodded picking up the yellow duvet that was on the floor.

     I turn off the stove top as the teapot whistles signaling it was done. I put the pot down and waited for it to cool when a knock at the door was heard. I walked to the door and smiled as the other hunters were on the other side. I open the door and signal them to come in. "Jackets and shoes outside. They aren't ruining this floor." I say before walking back to the kitchen and grabbing cups saucers and other things that are necessary to tea. I was originally just going to make coffee, but this place has no coffee machine. I hear the door open and turn to see Jae enter. "Hey." I say as he walks over. "They think I'll be too distracted to help with planning. They sent me to help you or something." He said and I nodded. "I feel you. I just learn to stay out of it." I said looking at him knowingly. "Do you really think that this will all work out in the end?" He asked suddenly and I looked down. "I personally think they should just leave Jungkook alone. Even if this Taehyung guy is a monster, it's not going to stop Jungkook from loving him." I said and Jae nodded. "Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be truly in love, but I feel like it's too much to deal with." He said and I looked up frowning. "What do mean to truly be in love?" I ask and he frowned. "Me and Brian kind of had a thing, but we haven't been the same since I disappeared." he said looking down. "He was probably scared. He probably thought you were dead and tried to break off emotional attachment to you so if you did die it wouldn't hurt as much." I said and he nodded. "I guess but it just aggravates me how they treat me like a baby now that I'm back. I was a great hunter at one point. But now, not so much." He said and I picked up the tea tray. "Well, I have a deal. This place is pretty big, so how about we explore a little?" I said and he smiled. "Sounds good to me."

     I hushed Jae as we silently made our way down the hallways. We had been walking around for a while and we were a wiles away from the others. Their voices had faded out a long time ago leaving it to just us. "How far do think this place goes?" He asked and I shrug looking ahead. We came across a large doorway and we looked at each other. "Where do think it goes?" I ask and he shrugs this time before pulling open the door. We peer inside and we see that it goes to a staircase. "How big is this place?" I spoke out and Jae smiled. He grabbed the door and we entered.

     We walk side by side slowly down the dark staircase. We both hand flashlights, and we gripped them tightly as we walked down. The light still wasn't very bright and we almost fell a few times. After what seemed forever we made it to the bottom. It went farther down then I had originally thought, and I couldn't see the top of the stair case. Jae tapped me and I Turned to where he stood with his flashlight. There was a sign that said something in a language I couldn't read. "Do you know what it says?" I ask but he shook his head. "Should we go in?" he asked and I frowned. "Do you want to go in?" I asked and he nods. "Okay, but you're going in front." I said and he opened the door.

     We didn't even walk in before a drop happened and both of us fell. We clattered down another set of stairs, I couldn't stop myself as I rolled downstairs. I whacked my head on the wood and pain erupted through my whole body. I was surrounded in darkness as I lost my light and I couldn't see Jae. I lied on the floor, and I wondered why there was another set of stairs but I sat up in the darkness. "Jae?" I asked but there was no reply. I moved around and felt my light before clicking it on. I looked around and I saw Jae on the ground, knocked out. I moved to him and realised I couldn't bring him back upstairs. I then shook him but he didn't move. The only okay thing was that I could see his chest rising and falling. "Jae, get up, you have to get up." I said over and over again but he didn't budge. Panic started to fill me and I screamed for Yoongi not knowing if I would get a reply. I didn't think he could hear me. I called out over and over again but nobody came. I looked around in the darkness and saw that our flashlights were dying out. I shook mine, but it fizzled out so I dropped it and let it roll up away. I breathed deeply as the second light went away and I was left in complete darkness.

~~~~~~
Hey guys! Not much here, except I have a four day weekend. However, Jesus Christ there's this kid in one of my classes who loves kpop (especially BTS) and super cringey about it. Yes I enjoy kpop, but I also love Star Wars, Taylor Swift, and music that isn't kpop. This kid just prances around in their BTS shirt thinking they're the shit. Literally today they started dancing to BTS and I literally gagged as I turned the Foo Fighters up and pretended they didn't exist. It's literally to the point that I don't want to wear my kpop merch because I don't want people to think I'm like them ugh. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
                 - e.s