XXXIX

Jeon Jungkook POV

     "I can't!" I yelled in anger. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration and Taehyung rubbed my back. For the past half hour, I had been trying to turn but I had no luck. Hoseok had turned me back to human for my own safety, but I couldn't seem to turn to my true self. It felt weird really, knowing that I had a true self that wasn't human. I wanted to get it over with, but I couldn't turn. I had begged Hoseok to give me a spell to turn, but he refused and wanted me to learn how to do it myself. I didn't even know where to begin and they tried to help but it wasn't working. "You have to put your mind to it. Clear everything else out that's in your mind." Namjoon said and I rolled my eyes. I huffed in defeat as I leaned back on the bed. "Baby, you can't give up. It should come naturally." Tae said and I felt everyone's eyes on me. "Well, it's not coming naturally, or at all." I said and Tae sighed. "Kookie, what would've happened if I couldn't turn when Yoongi found the mansion?" Tae asked and I shivered. "We wouldn't have gotten out. I would be probably be with Yoongi and you would be dead." I said and he ran his hands through my hair. "Exactly. Imagine we are in a situation like that. Imagine I'm hurt and you have to turn to save the both of us." Tae said and I closed my eyes.
     I put myself in The situation. I thought long and hard, and eventually I felt pain full my whole back. I shot my eyes open and looked to see everyone staring in shock. I breathed heavily and Hoseok frowned. "Fuck, it hurts so much." I said and Hoseok came over before flipping me over. I could feel the tips of my wings, and I wanted to see what I looked like. I stretched them out but they ached. Hoseok ran something cold against my back and I cringed at it stinging. "Your wounds haven't healed yet. It should only be a day or two, but it will hurt for a bit." Hoseok said before getting up and opening a cabinet  searching for something. He pulled out a small container and opened it. "What's that?" Namjoon asked saying the question we were all wondering. "Ointment. It should help the healing process, but it's a bit old so I might have to make a new batch. He said before taking some out and rubbing it on my bare back. The cold made me shiver but it soothed the pain. Someone will have to reapply the ointment every few hours, but it numbs the pain and heals the wounds faster. Hoseok said before handing the container to me. I muttered a thanks before putting it in my pocket. "So do you want to see your wings?" Tae asked and I hastily nodded. He laughed before offering me a hand. I took it and stood up. I stretched some more, not used to the extra weight. "They're more beautiful then mine." Tae said tracing his hand along the tips. "Hyung, your wings are the prettiest. Nothing will change my mind." I said and he smiled. "Don't get me started on your eyes. They're so unique because you haven't chosen yet." Tae said and I looked at him confused. "What do you mean by I haven't chosen yet?" I asked and he smiled. "Eventually you will have to chose, light or darkness, good or evil, Heaven or Hell." Tae said frowning. "Well, what side are you?" I asked and he shook his head. "I can't tell you yet. You have to make the decision yourself." he said and I nodded. "Okay." I said quietly as he lead me out and down the hallway. We arrived in a large bathroom and Tae covered my eyes. I laughed and he led me to the mirror. "Are you ready?" Tae asked and I smiled. "Of course." I said and he moved his hands.
     "Wow." I spoke as I looked in the mirror. The wings were grey, white and black all blended together. The tips of my wings were solid black and the top feathers were a snow white. The majority however, were different shades or grey, all blending together in the middle. I looked at Tae who was smiling and I kissed him on the cheek. We looked at each other in the eyes and I felt butterflies fill my stomach. "Hyung, I need you to promise me something." I said and he caressed my cheek slowly. "Anything for you." Taehyung said slowly and I closed my eyes. "Promise me that no matter what happens we'll stick together. Promise to love and protect me until the end of time." I said reopening my eyes and staring into his deep blue orbs. "As long as you promise to love me and let me protect you whenever I can." He spoke quiet enough that only we could hear. "I promise." "Then I do too." I smiled at that and felt his lips connect to mine feeling more magical then ever before.