XXXIV

Park Jaehyung POV

"I'm just saying it might be problematic later on." Brian said as we sat inside the small motel that we were staying at. Brian was already agitated at the fact that Yoongi and Jimin got stay in a giant angel hideout while we had to stay in some shitty motel in the middle of nowhere. He liked the angel and human but he was worried that Jimin's presence would just complicate things.
     "Dude, we can't do anything about it. Even if we tried to talk to Yoongi about sending Jimin home, he would probably slit all of our throats in under five seconds." Sungjin said and Wonpil nodded in agreement. "I know, but he deserves better then to be dragged into this. At least some of us were born into it and we all have experience. Anyways, all that Yoongi ever thinks about is Jimin. He can't even get work done." Brian said clearly frustrated and I felt a pit of anger form in my stomach. "Yeah, it is a bit annoying, but we can't do anything about it." Wonpil added an the anger grew. "Look, their life is none of our business. So just stay out of it." I suddenly spoke out and they looked at me. "What's got into you?" Sungjin said and I looked at him. "Jimin is staying, that's non negotiable." I stated and Sungjin stared dagger despite him knowing that I'm right.
      "Anyways, after doing some research I found out that the boy has nobody else." Wonpil suddenly cut in, and I looked over in confusion. "Well I know his friends are gone but he still has a family." Brian said but Wonpil shook his head. "His parents and little brother all died in a horrific car accident two years ago. The rest of his family shunned him because he was gay and liked to be more feminine. Yoongi is really all he has." He said and the we looked at each other. "That's horrible." I said and the cold glazed over eyes he had most of the time started to make sense. I never really talked to him in school, but whenever I saw him he had the same empty look on his face.

      "Even worse he didn't have enough money for a proper funeral or anything really." Wonpil added and my frown grew. "How did the accident even happen?" Brian asked and Sungjin looked away. "I talked to the lady at city hall. She told me that all four of them were on a road trip when bad weather hit and sent the car off into a tree where it caught into flames. The parents died on impact but Jimin's little brother had broken his spine and died after Jimin tried to save him by pulling him out of the burning car." He finished and I looked down. All of it made sense, but it felt like a piece of the puzzle that is Jimin's life was missing. "Poor kid. No wonder why he hates himself. He probably takes the blame for it." Brian said looking down and the others nodded. "Just don't mention it to Jimin. That's what the lady told me." Wonpil added and they nodded. "Do you even think Yoongi knows about it?" I questioned and Wonpil shrugged. "Maybe." He said and silence passed through the room. "It would explain why he's so protective over Jimin." Brian added but I shook my head. "I don't think so. I think things run a bit deeper than that. But I'm not sure I want to know what he's hiding. I said in response and they all nodded.

le magical flashback ~

I looked around as Yoongi walked over to us. Jimin was talking to Hoseok, who I oddly trusted. Yoongi however frowned once he got to the us. "So, what do think?" I asked Yoongi and he pulled out his sword. "I think we should kill him. It would make my job a lot easier." He said twirling the blade in his hands. "I don't know. I think he could come in handy and he can lead us right to Jungkook." Dowoon said and Wonpil nodded in agreement. "Look, I've been hunting him down for years now, and if I learned anything it is to never trust him. He knows more than what he lets on and isn't loyal at all." Yoongi added and we all looked at him. "But you said he knows things. We could get the information then kill him." Wonpil proposed but Yoongi shook his head. "He's too smart. He can't be tricked. That's why he's so hard to kill." Yoongi said and I nodded. "We should just kill him then move on. One less demon to worry about." Yoongi said coldly and Brian looked at him "Dude, who are you? You're all happy and sunshine then you come over here and want to kill everything." he said and Yoongi looked up at him. "Jimin can't know that I'm actually a mass killing machine. He's too fragile for another person to treat him like shit. He's as fragile as glass. any little thing will cause him to shatter into a million pieces." Yoongi said and I frowned. "I think he can hand-" Brian started but Yoongi cut him off by pointing his blade up to the Brian's throat. "Stay out of it. Got it?" Yoongi said coldly and Brian nodded stepping away from the sharp blade.

We all stood in thought when Dowoon's phone buzzed. He pulled it out and looked at the number that was calling. "I have to get this." he said before stepping away for the rest of us to converse. we all waited in silence and a few seconds later he came back. "That was Zeek, an angel. I have to go but I'll be back ." Dowoon said before disappearing in a flash of light.

     "Anyways, what should we do about the demon?" Brian asked and I turned back to where Jimin was talking to the demon, Hoseok. "I vote we make a deal." Wonpil said first. "I also think we should make a deal." I said and Sungjin frowned. "I vote kill him." Brian said looking at Yoongi and me. "I also think we should kill him." Yoongi said and everyone looked at me. "I think we should make a deal. I think he might come to use later on." I said looking down. "Save him." Wonpil said and all attention to Sungjin, who hadn't decided yet. "Keep him." Sungjin answered the unasked question, and Yoongi frowned putting his blade away. "Deal it is." he said before walking away.

End ~

I looked up and saw the time. "I think we should hit the hay and figure more out tomorrow when Dowoon is back from where ever he went." I said to the others in the room.  I turned around and saw that Wonpil was already in bed, Sungjin was passed out with a book in his hands and Brian was looking up at me confused. "You really need to stop zoning out." He said a slight laugh escaping his lips. "Sorry. I was just thinking. Goodnight." I said before adjusting myself and closing my eyes. "You're going to be sore if you sleep like that." Brian said and I opened my eyes looking at him. "Why should it matter to you?" I asked and he stood up. "You think like I'm oblivious to everything. You're not fully healed so I'm not letting you sleep on a shitty motel chair." He said walking over to me. "I am fine here. Now go back to bed." I said but he kept walking. In one move, he scooped me up and walked over to the bed before putting me down. I frowned and he turned off the lamp before plopping down next to me and pulling the blanket over us.

"Jae." a voice spoke and I jotted my eyes open awakening from my sleep. I quickly sat up and a headache burned in my brain. I was covered in sweat, and next to me, Brian was fast asleep. I looked up and saw that Dowoon was standing next to me. "Dude, it's 3am." I said and Dowoon frowned. "Jae, this is very important." He said and I looked around. "Should I wake up the others?" I asked but he shook his head. I quickly got out of bed before heading to a cabinet and talking a few painkillers to help my throbbing head. "So what is so important that you felt the need to tell me at 3am?" I asked Dowoon and he looking me in the eyes. "Jae, I don't think Jungkook is human."

~~~~~~
Hey guys! Not much here, I'm just failing my online french course and it's below freezing here in New England. And our fucking president thinks "Climate Change" is b.s. It's Whatever though, I hope you enjoyed!
                - e.s