Chapter 36

SURPRISE

***

Narrator's Pov

A war wouldn't be something that most people would regard as an opportunity, but to Haruka it gave her an idea.This was a chance to be more than a figurehead for her village, after all most of the Light Village's shinobi thought she was in full power already.

Haruka smirked, this was her chance to show the elders what she was made of. Then she frowned remembering the war aspect of it all. Death, destruction, harm... It came with this. 

Nodding to herself, Haruka came to a decision, everything she does will be for the best,  

The absence of loud yelling made Haruka's attention come back to the present, making her notice that Hitomi was gone.

Worry washed over her, Hitomi was rather brash-

No, she told herself, she hates you now after you did. Its for the best.

Haruka wanted with her entire being to tell Hitomi the whole story, why she had done what she did, but what was stopping her? 

Haruka's eyes widened as  she realized the elders were what was holding her back, and there power over the village. If they knew why their invasion of Konoha failed she'd be kicked out, called a traitor by her village. But during the war, where they don't have any power because of their inability to think of good fighting tactics, after all they were only politicians they don't know about fighting only politics,  she can bring them down and expose everything.

She had to refrain from grinning, after that eveyrone will know the truth and she can go back to being friends with Hitomi in the leaf village and-!

Hope was swelling within her, this was the perfect plan! When they win the war-

"When we win?" Haruka whispered, then shakily corrected herself,"If we win."

Thats right they still had a war to win, she was getting too ahead of herself and not thinking smartly.

Sighing she closed her eyes, "We have to win."

Then remembering Hitomi was gone she quickly did her Light Travel jutsu and successfully located her.

Haruka watched from a good distance Team 7's little "rendezvous" making sure no one could sense her. She was curious after Hitomi had so quickly left after the formation of the alliance and knew something was up, Hitomi wasn't exactly the smartest person in the world, so she wanted to make sure she was safe.

She narrowed her eyes and crept along following Hitomi and Tobi's encounter. She peered cautiously into Tobi's eye hole and her eyes widened as she saw the Mangekyou Sharingan flash. 

"Hito-" She tried to warn, but it was too late and Tobi and Hitomi were gone in an instant. "Shit!" she cursed emerging from her hiding spot, her Itamigan flashing. Her eyes narrowed on the ground where they disappeared,"Goddammit Tobi!" Then she began setting up her trap.

After ten minutes Tobi appeared once again, just to meet a kunai to his neck. 

Haruka spoke calmly,"The ground under you is rigged with explosives, if you try anything I can either cut you or..." She looked at the ground,"Make you cease to exist."

"Well, if it isnt Hoshi Haruka." Tobi spoke in an even voice,"I see your Itamigan is on as well, it seems my mangekyou is rendered useless, as is your dojutsu." 

"Bring back Hitomi." I spoke, my grip on the kunai getting tighter.

"Murasaki Hitomi, hm?" Tobi spoke, his voice dripping with amusement,"What could you, who ordered the attack of the Leaf Village want with a former Leaf nin?"

My eyes narrowed as I lied evenly,"This is not about villages, you have one of the Great Kages prisoner, it is my responsibilty to help an ally."

"Is it really?"

"Yes." I said on the verge of shouting.

He chuckled,"Well, I do want an interesting fight after all, this war would be too easy with the two of you dead. " He straightened up,"Fine, but you need to  shut off your Itamigan."

I weighed my options before slowly letting my kekkei genkai leave my eyes, knowing I have no choice to trust him.

After a harsh wind blew, where Tobi was standing, Hitomi's limp body laid.

I crouched down rubbing my hands together to form the amount of chakra I needed to heal her. Letting my hand hover over her I began to heal her wounds. 

Noticing the many bruises, cutes, and two broken ribs I sighed,"You were in over your head, Hitomi." After i was done I just stared at her for a while, wanting to tell her the truth, even though he couldn't here it. 

Holding her hand I sighed, remembering when she would grab my hand and drag me off to who knows where,"Dammit."

I picked her up,"Its me always saving you, huh."

I then light travelled to Yamigakure, placing her on her bed, before going back to the Land Of Iron to tell her guard where she went.

***

Buh bam!

how was that for a 10 month late chapter hahah im sorry ^^;;