Episode 19: True Love's Kiss

James locked the door behind him and made sure that there was no one near them at the moment before closing the windows. He swam toward a small desk and gestured Ash, Drew, and May to come closer to him. The three follow and sit down around the table and look at him while May is holding her stomach. James looks at them and sighs.

"It seems like Princess is under the spell too," James whispers sadly as he looks out the closed window.

"What do you mean 'under the spell too'? Who are you anyway?" Drew asked as he put a protective arm around May.

"I am sorry. I am James, a butler of the Waterflower family. Prince Ruby had put my wife, Jessie, under the spell. She forgets everything we had together and only gets false information in her head. Whenever I tried to tell her the truth, she would just laugh and said that I was talking rubbish," James said.

"What is the spell?" May asked softly.

"It is the 'True Love's Kiss' spell. In fairy tales, the princesses always wake up or save in a true love's kiss. This spell was the opposite. It plays with your mind until you get the memories and the information in your mind all wrong. It makes you believe something else happens when the truth is different. It changes the hearts of the person that even a True Love's Kiss can't break it. It is like if you are her lover, the spell may make her think that you are the enemy. Sometimes it is even worse," James muttered quietly but loud enough for Ash, Drew, and May to hear.

"Is there any way to break the spell?" Ash asked.

"No. So far there may be a chance to break the spell if an event in the past that shapes them the most occurs again and it will wake them up," James said as he played with his wedding ring. "You are lucky that you are not under the spell. The Princes and Princesses seem very interested in you. As you can see, the Princes and Princesses get what they want. Only Prince Ruby knows the spell," James added.

"Why would they want Jessie? Isn't she just a servant?" May asked.

"Jessie was pregnant. She is all ready for one month. Giovanni wants as many children as he can get so he told Ruby to put her under the spell to think that she marries him and not me and that I am the one that helps them together. Now she thinks that the child is her and Giovanni's," James said with venom in his tone and his blue eyes turn a little red. He forgets to use the formalities.

"I am very sorry, James. We will try to get her back. Can you help me to save Misty?" May asked.

"It is my pleasure to help you. Don't worry about Jessie. If we can defeat King Giovanni, we can save the whole kingdom," James said.

"Why should we trust you?" Drew asked.

"I have been a butler since I got here and I am only loyal to King Tracey and his heirs. King Tracey had been good to me, giving me a place to live, protection, and a family. I can't thank him enough. King Giovanni took everything away from me. At least I get to help Princess's friends," James said as he smiles.

"What should we do?" Ash asked.

"Before planning, I have to tell you something. Don't trust anyone. Anyone can be under the spell now. If you want to do this, then we need to prepare everything now. The wedding between Princess and Prince Ruby is next week. We don't have much time," James said before he took out a map and told them the plan, or at least that is what they think it is.

Meanwhile outside in the garden are two women, Misty and Jessie. Jessie was playing with a red rose and smelling it and smiling. The rose reminds her so much of someone that her heart skips and electricity flows throughout her body when she thinks about it. More than when she thinks about King Giovanni. She never gets this feeling when she is thinking about him or near him. She sighs as she touches her stomach where her baby is, wondering who the father is.

Misty was staring out in the blue, staring at an orange and yellow color. She is still wondering what is going on and what is happening around her. Everyone's expression changes so dramatically that she would almost miss it. Like if she didn't say a name in the loyal family, they would frown, even when she said who she was and they would mutter how disrespectful she is. Misty looks up in the sky and sighs.

"Misty, dear. Let's go in, shall we? It is getting cold out here," Jessie said. She is wondering why she would marry someone that had children already and many wives. It is so not her but she never asks because her heart said that she would get her baby hurt.

"Yes. Let's go. Say, Jessie, did you feel something is off?" Misty asked as she stood up and with Jessie into the castle.

"I do but things will get better," Jessie said, as she tries to believe what she said.

Prince Ruby was standing there with his arms crossed and frowning as he looked at Misty. He sighs and rolls his eyes and she crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Where have you been, Misty? I had been looking all over for you! Do you know how I was about to have a search party for you? Also, Jessie, didn't you hear that Father is calling for you? Jeez. You two are so behind," Ruby said.

Jessie frowns a little when Ruby didn't call her Mother but her real name while calling Giovanni Father and how disrespectful he is. Misty sighs as she has got us to it. "Thank you for telling me, Ruby. I will get going now," Jessie said.

"You call me Prince Ruby or Your Highness, not Ruby," Ruby growls under his breath but Misty hears him.

"Let's go," Misty said as she drags Ruby away and rolls her eyes.