Episode 7: Warning

"Daisy," Misty mutters before going back to sleep. May looks at May sadly before smoothing Misty's hair like a mother. May hum a song while cleaning the pool before walking out of the room.

Misty woke up and slowly opened her eyes after feeling someone keep shocking her. She opens her eyes, expecting to see Daisy but instead, she sees a raven-haired boy around her age with huge auburn eyes and a goofy smile on his face.

"Ahh!!!" Misty screams before throwing a punch at the boy away from her and swimming away from the side.

"Oww! What did I do?" the boy whined, holding his head as his Pikachu was scolding at him.

"Who are you? Where am I? What do you want?" Misty asked, flying all her questions in her mind at the boy.

"No 'I am sorry'? Seriously? Didn't your mother teach you manners?" the boy retorted.

"Ha! I don't have a mother. Daisy told me to always protect myself from danger before manners. Didn't your mother teach you about never popping into a girl's face?" Misty retorted back as she folded her arms.

"My mother says that... that... um... What did my mother say?" the boy asked himself.

Misty sweatdropped at the boy in front of him. She can't believe that she is talking to a boy who didn't know what his mother said to him.

"I am sorry, um..." Misty started.

"Ash! My name is Ash! What is your name, pretty lady?" the boy who calls himself Ash said in a loud voice.

"Pretty lady?! Don't you dare to flirt with me!" Misty screamed.

"I don't know your name, Mystery Girl!" Ash cried back.

"Misty. I am Misty Waterflower," Misty replies. "Sorry for yelling at you."

"It is okay! I understand!" Ash replies cheerily.

"Ash! What are you doing here? Your mother is worried!" a voice called.

Misty and Ash look at the door and find a young woman with a big stomach. Her chestnut hair flows on her shoulders and her sapphire blue eyes sparkled even if her mouth shows anger.

"May! I am so sorry! I am bored!" Ash whined.

May sighs. "Next time, please tell me first. You know how girls are like when they were in a place they don't know," May said to Ash before turning to Misty. "Hi! You are awake! I am so happy! I am May. May Maple Hayden. I am the maid here. What is your name?" May asked.

Misty looks at May with curiosity. She feels a warm aura around May and swims closer with her hand out and holds on to May's welcoming hands.

"Hi. I am Misty. Misty Waterflower," Misty introduced.

"Nice to meet you Misty! It is so nice to have you here! You might want to get out of the water and meet the former Queen. She so wants to meet you. Now I think about it, you are a mermaid and you can't walk on land," May said, mostly to herself.

"It is okay. I can walk. I can turn to a human if I want," Misty said as she focuses her power on her tail and imagines having a pair of legs. A soft blue light, like an evolution, surrounded her. Soon the light fated and Misty sands on land with a pair of legs and wearing a tank top and shorts.

"That was so cool! Come on! We have to meet the Queen! Ash, you too!" May exclaimed as she held hold of Misty's hands and quickly waddled away like a penguin. Misty giggles at this and follows May.

They walk through many chambers that are designed with white and gold. It is decorated with a few paintings and large windows.

"This place is beautiful. What do you do here, May?" Misty asked as she looked around in awe.

"I am the maid here but due to reasons, I can't work for a while so I have a lot of free time. I usually help my husband to take care of the garden these days," May replies as her voice sounds dreamy when she talks about her husband.

"Your husband must sound great," Misty said.

"If you look at the bright side then yes. But sometimes he is annoying," May said as she stops in front of the door. "We are here!"

May knocked on the door and a faint "Come in" was heard. May opened the door.

"Your Majesty, I have brought Misty here," May said as she bows.

"Stand up, dear," the former queen said with a smile at May and looked at Misty. "You must be Misty, dear. Nice to meet you! I am Delia, Ash's mother. How are you? I heard from May that you are found on the rocks by the beach," Delia asked Misty.

"I am fine, Your Majesty," Misty said as she makes a quick bow.

"Oh! Call me Delia," Delia said with a smile. "Tell me, what brings you here?"

"Delia, I am sorry to bother you. If you want, I can leave when I am ready," Misty started.

"It is not a bother. Not a bother! Tell me, what's wrong. No one should leave a young mermaid-like yourself alone on the beach unconscious. Who knows what will happen if you are not picked up at night?" Delia said.

"Thank you for your kindness, Delia. I rather prefer not to talk about my past," Misty said.

"Why?" Delia asked.

"I have my reasons," Misty replies.

"If you don't want to talk to me about it, it is okay. Since May has time, she can help you around," Delia said.

"Thank you again," Misty said as she smiles and gives one more bow before walking away with May.

The two walk around for a while before May sighs.

"Misty, I know this may be strange but please don't talk to Queen Delia like that. Ash is protective of his mother. He is different when he can be so please lookout. I will ask Queen Delia about becoming my assistant since I am pregnant and I need help to do things. That way, Ash and the others will not do things to you. Remember to stay by my side ALWAYS or you will get yourself in trouble and get hurt," May said as she looks at Misty with worry and serious eyes.

"Why?" Misty asked, curiously.

"Because, people should not be trusted no matter how close they are to you," May said as she looked at Misty with a smile.

Misty looked at May for a second before smiling.

'At least I know I have someone by my side that I can trust," Misty thought before following May.