Episode 10: Friends and New Clue

Misty was sitting on a branch facing a lake as the sun beat in the sky. She had nothing to do and had no one to talk to. Listening to the sound of the water and watching the sun's glimmer was already enough for her. As part of the mermaid family, she had to have peace every once and a while or she would be out of control. It is a very important part of every mermaid's life.

"Misty!" a voice called from behind. Misty looked behind her and saw a blue-headed girl running toward her.

Misty stands up from where she is sitting and looks at the girl with a smile. "Are you calling me?" Misty asked.

"Hi! I am Dawn! We never met before. I heard that you are May's new friend and helper. May is not feeling well these days so thank you for taking care of her," Dawn said.

"What happened to May? Is she okay? From the first time I saw her, she seemed fine," Misty replies.

"Why don't we go to town and shop while I tell you?" Dawn asked.

"Sure," Misty agreed.

"Let us meet in ten minutes on the front door," Dawn said.

Misty nodded and she walked to her room. Looking into her closet, she looks at the different outfits she can wear. In the end, Misty decided to go with a yellow tank top and blue shorts. Her hair was put sideways. Satisfied by her looks, Misty walks out of her room and greets Dawn, who just walks out of her room too.

The girls walked to the market where everyone was busy and knew what to do. Misty looked around and smiled. 'This area is like home,' Misty thought. She always likes to look at the people in her kingdom when it is the busiest part of the day. This makes Misty sad. 'I wonder what happens to the people? Are they fine? Is everything okay?' Misty ponders as she looks at the different ingredients in the store.

Dawn takes Misty to a small cafe and they order a cappuccino for Misty and espresso for Dawn.

"As you can see, May is pregnant," Dawn started after they got their drink and took a slip.

"I know. But what happened?" Misty said.

"Well, you see, May was pregnant for two months and her stomach is really big like she is pregnant for like four or five months. The thing is, the doctor said she is pregnant with three children. Maybe even four. It will take a lot of energy to take care of them and if one wrong touch was cast in May, the children in her and herself are going to be at risk," Dawn explained.

"Then why is she sick?" Misty asked, already knowing what was coming up.

"She was sick because of an old man. An old man comes to the castle one day with a boy. May was pregnant at that time. About two weeks and it is already showing a little. The boy, who is the son of the man, wanted May as his bride but Drew stopped him. It was a nasty argument but that night, May found out that she was pregnant," Dawn said.

"Do you know the names of the two people?" Misty asked, wanting for more details to prove her point.

"Yea. The boy is Brandon I believe and the man is Grell? No. Gale? No. I don't quite remember," Dawn said.

"Is it Giovanni?" Misty asked.

"Yes! How do you know?" Dawn asked.

Misty didn't listen. As soon as Dawn said yes, her skin paled. 'No, it must be a coincidence. It can't be happening. No. It can't. But what Dawn said all fits. No. I must be overthinking about this situation. But, it is true," Misty argued inside her mind. She looked at Dawn real serious and said, "Dawn, we are in trouble."

"What's going on?" Dawn asked.

"Brendan is the son of Giovanni, the one that now rules over my kingdom and kills my sisters," Misty said.

"What? Then why is he here?" Dawn squeaked.

"Two months ago, I overheard Giovanni talking to my father about going to land with his son. My father ruled at that time and Giovanni was scared of my father because my father is stronger than him. If I am saying it right, May must be the guardian of Sapphire," Misty said.

"What is that?" Dawn asked.

"The mermaid that can travel both land and sea with no limitation. Only the guardian can have four children at once. My mother used to be one. It seems that if Brendan has her, he can rule over the seas. The guardian is stronger than anyone else," Misty said, in a calm mode, even though she is freaking out inside.

"What should we do?" Dawn asked.

"I am going to make medicine for May," Misty said simply.

The two finish their drinks and continue their shopping. Within a few minutes, they become friends. They have a fun time with Dawn telling Misty all about the new clothes and all the girly things and Misty turns them all down. When they went back to the castle, Misty went to her room and changed quickly to her maid uniform. Misty looked at the mirror and frowned.

Putting her hand on her mirror, she chants the old magic Daisy taught her to see the outside world. The mirror glows blue and then an image of her kingdom shows. All the houses are in the ruins with the citizens working hard to earn their money and to survive. Misty frowns more and turns the mirror back to the original. She looks at herself one last time before walking out and continues doing her work.

In the Waterflower Kingdom, Jessie was serving the self-crowned King Giovanni and his eight children, Prince Brendan, Prince Ruby, Prince Red, Prince Kenny, Princess Melody, Princess Ursula, Princess Brianna, and Princess Veronica, all from different mothers.

"Jessie, you are always so slow! Reheat the food!" King Giovanni ordered the food Jessie just had.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Jessie said quietly as she bowed and took the food away and cooked another dish.

"Giovanni is taking way too far! He and his spoiled children are wasting food that the people make and think they rule everything!" James, Jessie's husband exclaimed quietly for only Jessie can hear as she cooks another dish, after making sure no one is in the room.

"I know. We can now just hope that Princess Misty can come and save us" Jessie whispers as she looks out the window.

"I know," James said as he hugs Jessie from behind.

"Call Meowth. We are going to contact Princess Misty tonight," Jessie decided and she whispers to James in his ears. James nods as he gives Jesse a quick peek on the cheek and walks out just as the cook, one of the loyal pawns of Giovanni walks in.

"Jessie, King Giovanni wants the food," he said.

"I will bring it to him right away," Jessie said as she finished the dish and put it on a clean plate, and walked to the dining room to serve the royal family.