Chapter 29:-

ALYSSA P.O.V:-

After the competition, some of the events has changed a bit around our lives. The stares slowly died down, and the people got on with their lives. Finally they left me in our own peace. I was now just another teenager who passes by the college.

I became invincible literally. Even Josh changed his attitude towards me. Earlier he used to give me those angry glares, now he basically behaves as though I didn't exist. Just what he had sung the words. I felt a bit better though. Its nice to have a break from his stares which used to pore behind my back or my face whenever he looked at me. As though I did a huge crime to him. I actually did a favour to him.

But at the same time, I felt a bit hurt by his reactions. When he glared at me, I knew that he remembered me and our times, no matter how much he pretends that he doesn't. At least I knew his feelings when he glared at me. He was mad and pissed off at me. And the worst part is he behaves as though he was the victim in our situation.

But now he behave as though I wasn't there. Its like I never existed in his life. He left me alone. If he happens to look at me, he looks at me as though I am some non living thing which doesn't deserve even a glance. I didn't know what was going on in his mind anymore.

Although, I still kept my distance from him.

I became much closer to Melissa. But I still had my guard up. I couldn't still trust anyone to that extent. I was extremely difficult to open up. But she was the first person close to bring my guard down.

Think of the devil, and he shall appears.

Melissa comes towards me and pretends to be pissed off. "Hi Ally." I hate that Ally nickname which she kept for me, I said her a numerous times not to call me Ally. But she refuses to pay heed to my words. Apparently she loves it when I get irritated.

But I am sure in the future, acting can never be her career. She sucks at acting or pretending to lie. It's easy to figure out when she's saying a lie or truth.

"What's wrong Mel?" I asked her as she pretends to select her books for the next class.

"My friend totally forgot me until I had to call her." She tries to scold at me but fails at her actions, as she gives out a low laughter.

"Hello first of all, why should I greet you every time? And I was busy in my thoughts." I retorted back, as I crossed my arms.

"That's not a proper reason. Simply making excuses." She shakes her head to exaggerate her point.

"As you wish, whatever helps you sleep at night. By the way I am not interested talking to you. So why bother?" I pulled her leg, knowing that she knows it was for fun. I stop staring at her, and resumed back to my work which was collecting the books from the locker.

She gives me a fake gasp and has her hands on her hips. "So rude of you."