Chapter 33:-

ALYSSA P.O.V:-

I am sitting in a car from past some time, and dressed up. I was worried and freaking out. I was nervous about everything; I wanted the time to reverse back when I could have said no.

Yes, Alice cunningly made me come out for an innocent drive. She played dressed up with me, believe me I wouldn't have agreed to her words, if I had known her plan which I did know by now.

Yes, we were going to meet up with the Allens brothers. Both of them.

And this kind information, Alice decided to share with me after we had been sitting in the car for around thirty minutes, driving around nowhere. There's no way for me to skip this. I had no option. Looking out of the window, I could see only the empty roads; I had no idea how to return home.

"Just a smart girl, you think you are huh?" I asked her sarcastically with a frown plastered on my face.

"I know I am, and I even took the long route. And now we are here." Alice replies to me enthusiastically with a broad grin.

I looked around at the place; I couldn't help myself but give a gasp. It's the same paradise which was my place until I had shared with Josh.

"Get out of the car. Just kidding, but do go. I'll park the car and come back." Alice says to me impatiently as she taps her fingers on the steering wheel.

I raised my eyebrows, "How do I know that it is not another one of your tricks?" I asked her, doubting her motives. Hey, she fooled and dragged me till this long. I couldn't be further fooled anymore.

"It isn't. Alyssa, what do you think of me? Am I such a bad friend?" She gives me a pout. I couldn't try to doubt that part, as she is really special to me.

"Nice save, using the emotional blackmail. But you have to be here." I replied to her sternly knowing that she was up to something. I got out of her car.

"Goodbye." She says to me enthusiastically before glancing at my angry expression.

"For now. Good luck." She replies hurriedly, and doesn't make any contact with my eyes. She drove off leaving me here.

I waited patiently, as I observed many people walking around here.

I felt a vibration from my phone, and it was a message from Alice. Of course, I knew it would be her.

'Alys Go ahead.. Sorry I wouldn't make it. You need to catch a ride from someone else.' I read her message, I mentally sighed as I knew that this would happen. That she would ditch me.

I made my way to the familiar paradise, which I hadn't been in over a year. I missed my place; I ignored all the thoughts in my head. I wanted to see if my place is safe and beautiful since the last time I had been here.

I removed my blue heels, which was killing my legs. Don't ask how I wore heels? Ask Alice. It's not like I hate heels. It's just that I didn't like to be dressed up for anyone or anything, unless I felt like it.

I walked in the grass, it was rough but the same feeling. It gave me the calmness I was longing from the past few days. At least something Alice did right, she brought me to this place.

I spotted the familiar tree where I used to lean for support, when I was on the verge to give up fighting, and where I used to think calmly over many situations.

I smiled at the tree as I sat down and leaned at the trunk for support I needed right now.

I relaxed as I took in the scenery before my eyes. I took a deep breath and became calm.