Chapter 9:-

Alyssa P.O.V:-

He looks so good wearing his brother's loose shirt. Damn he is a guy. It's not fair. I have to spend hours and hours to even look decent but I don't try to waste time on myself to look pretty. “Oh shit, we are late for the detention thing.” I suddenly thought out loud in the silence. I took his hand and pulled him towards the direction and ran down the hallway. We ran to the door which had a paper scribbled with a red pen “DETENTION” in bold letters. In front of the door, a substitute teacher was standing whom I didn't know as it was my first time coming for detention and that I never had her in any of my classes.

As she looked up from the pad she held with her hands, she glanced at me and then to Josh. She asked us softly “Are you Alyssa and Josh?”

I couldn't follow her lips movement as it was moving so fast, I remained silent and I was feeling embarrassed. But I couldn't tell the truth that I can't hear, in front of Josh.

Luckily for me he replied to her. I heard his voice saying something. I didn't look up because I was feeling embarrassed. After some time she left, as Josh gave a slight grip in my hand he was trying to make me to face to him.

He said me “Come on! We have to be in detention. It’s for an hour but since it's our first day we got half hour off. The teacher has gone she will be back in a few minutes, she said us to be good. I told her that I can't promise her that”. He smirked trying to give me a poker face apparently he failed at doing that. I blushed a little after hearing his last words.

I opened the door with the other hand and I shut down my eyes, I was holding my breath and was feeling tiny butterflies fluttering in my stomach as it was my first time to detention. I was nervous. I slowly opened my eyes and I gripped his hands tighter if that was possible. I looked around seeing if anything scary is there.

As I looked around I saw it was a normal classroom except that no one was present, well except Josh and me. I relaxed a bit. I let out a huge amount of air inside me. I let out a tiny giggle come out of my mouth, thinking myself as an idiot getting worried for something which is not at all scary, rather its normal.

Josh asked me with a smirk “What's so amusing, Sweetheart?”, he knew the answer and gave a low chuckle.

Instead I stuck out my tongue at him. I forgot that he couldn't see my actions. “For your information, I'm sticking out my tongue at you.” I said in a childish voice. He smirked at my childish behaviour. I gently guided him to a pair of seats for us to settle down.

“So let us play a game? Unless you are afraid to try that out, Sweetheart.” He asked me. Instead I was angry at him for making it seem that I was too innocent for everything.

“Bring it on.” I said in a war tone. “Look its you who insisted okay I will play the game” He said with an idiotic grin plastered on his face, trying to turn it around on me.

“The game is only four random questions will be asked as the time is less and if the answer is not given within ten seconds the loser will have to do anything the winner says. And the same question cannot be asked or passed to another person.” he gave the rules.

I was shocked; I couldn't believe that this game he was making us to play. And on top of that I had agreed to it. Shit! What have I got myself into? Knowing him, he wouldn't let me off so easily.

I muttered an okay. He laughed with an evil grin. “So ladies first!” He said.

“Umm... What's your favourite colour?” I asked timidly.

He gave a chuckle and replied me “It's green, Sweetheart”.

“How many boyfriends did you have?” he asked me with a small smile. There was a moment silence. “Ten.. Nine.. Eight.. Seven..” he began counting the seconds. “Umm... Not even one. I'm not interested in a relationship nor do I believe in this stuff.” I replied in a whisper feeling embarrassed. I wanted to ask him the same question but cannot because of the rules as well as feeling shy.