Chapter 30:-

ALYSSA P.O.V :-

I couldn't sleep the previous night, I tossed my head from side to side, trying to grasp some sleep. But my thoughts always seem to travel to the proposed art gallery. I was extremely nervous for this thing.

By the time I was about to get finally some sleep, some sunlight rays fell on my face through the windows. I groaned as I got up from the bed, it was morning and I had to wake up. I had dark circles around my eyes, another stupid fact to show my lack of sleep. I used a concealer and make-up to cover those dark circles. Today was a pretty important day.

Art critics were coming from all over the country to examine our art pieces and works. Public were also allowed to visit the gallery, and if anyone liked it, they were free to buy an artwork although with the consent of the artist.

I wore formal clothes today, then I changed it back to artistic clothes. I wore a white plain tee shirt with a colourful long skirt along with a pink scarf around my neck.

I put those antique silver earrings, which lately I am becoming fond of.

I grabbed my hearing aids and I stuffed my feet into brown sneakers.

"Honey, ready for your art gallery?" My mom asked me as she gets ready for her some court trial when I passed by her room. I read her lips through the mirror where she was facing towards the mirror.

"Um.. yeah." My voice was hesitant, I guess she could sense my nervousness.

She turns around and face me with a positive smile. She motions me to come closer to her with her finger. She embrace me with her arms, she gives soothing pats on my back. “You look beautiful, budding artist.” She gives me a proud grin.

"Break a leg, dear. After all, you are my daughter so you will be awesome. Don't worry." Mom says me with a playful grin. I gave out a mental sigh. But somehow some of her words were encouraging.

"Okay mom, thanks. When will you be visiting my art show?" I asked her, since I knew that she had some important trial today.

"I'll come as soon as the trial gets over." Mom gives me a happy smile and then a frown was formed on her face.

She didn't want to attend the trial, she was about to turn down that offer. She wanted to be with me for my art. But I made her a deal, to attend the trial and then later come to my art gallery.

"See you soon, mom. Good luck for your trial. Got to go." I yelled as I left her room. I didn't want to freak out more as I was already on the verge of freaking out. I definitely didn't want my mom to see that. If she would experience that, all I can say it wouldn't be good.

~*~*~*~

"Have you given all your art pieces yesterday to be put up?" Melissa asks me with an impatient expression. I could see some faint lines under her eyes, she must also have been worried like me.

" Yes, and I guess that you did too." I tried to reply calmly, but failing to do so. She could feel my fear persona emitting out of me.

"Your art works are awesome. But mine aren't." She replies with a frown on her face.

"Yours are better than me." I argued with her.

"No mine is not nice."

“Yours is. Mine doesn't”

“Yours.”

“No...Yours.”

We kept arguing for a while as to which one was better. Later we called it quits as we realized we were wasting our time.