Chapter 15:-

Hey guys, sorry for the typos here. I wanted to get it out before christmas. So you can think it of as an early christmas present :)    

ALYSSA POV:-  

  "I'll try my best to uh explain you." He says with some unfamiliar emotion present in his tone. I couldn't put my finger on it.  

  "Can you hear some sounds?" He asked me curiously but not like he was expecting a negative answer. It seems just like a normal conversation.  

  "Yeah," it was my lame response. I was curious to hear if not atleast then get the feel of it.  

  "Okay, close your eyes." He says me.  

  "If I will close my eyes, I wouldn't be able to read your lips." I snapped at him, the words came out harsher than I meant it to.  

  "Oh right sorry, I forgot." He brushed it off like it was nothing. At one point I feel better that he is not being too sensitive around the subject that he fears it would hurt me like some people who does it.    

The other reason also is a problem, he should also remember as I can't keep repeating it. But it's my life. I have got to live it along with those consequences.  

  "Okay lets get to the point. Just try to be silent for a while and follow the direction to the source of sounds where ever you see it. Right now I could hear the warm rushing of the water falls, the chirpings of birds, the pleasant breeze blowing by." He explains with a thoughtful expression.

  I whispered a soft okay. He just gave a short nod. He offered me his hand. I accepted it. First  we walked slowly due to my insistence. With each step we took, it felt like a life time. As we reached the water falls, my feet was rooted to the spot. I closed my eyes and raised my free hand touching those splashing water. I could hear the continuous rushing flow of the water. Hearing the water flowing and feeling the vibrations just made me feel alive for a while. I felt like I could just be happy forever. The feeling of satisfaction that I finally could hear something surged in me and gave me some hope that one day would come when I would finally hear everything.  

 Feeling happy with the outcome, I couldn't wait for more souces of sounds to hear. I practically dragged Josh and skipping along the way towards the birds. I tried to make us discreet for a while at least by hiding at a bush which was closer to the birds.

I closed my eyes tried to hear those chirpings. I could hear the sounds but it was still too low for me to hear but nevertheless I felt better.   

  I made a silent promise to myself, that one day would come- the day I would be able to hear almost all unsignificant sounds even the slight tear of a paper, the first showers of rain when it begins, the rustlings of leaves, that people take for granted and as well as those important sounds like my parents voice, Alice voice, and maybe Josh voice if he would still be there in my life.  

  I was lost in my own thoughts while guiding Josh back to our usual place.   

 "Thanks Josh." It came out as a whisper. It meant a lot to say those words to him, those words wasn't enough to express my gratitude. But I settled for the simple yet elegant meaning.  

Josh turns his head towards my direction. He gives me a small nod with a softer look, his face shows that he understood me and what I must be feeling right now.    

"So what do you see around?" Josh asks me like it was really our normal conversations.    

To those outsiders who may have heard our conversations must assume that we were lunatics. But I felt proud and happy that we were able to at least bond over it.