Nerds Need Love Too: Chapter 18

I was staring at the clear, blue sky when I head footsteps coming closer, to where I was. Closing me eyes, I pretended to sleep.

"You know you're not awake, so stop with the act" the voice said roughly. My eyes were still close. But they shot open, when they sat by me, and their little eyeballs staring at me. Muttering some colorful words, I opened my eyes to find the dude starring at me.

Awkward...

"You have nice eyes" he said giving me a smirk. I looked out at the field. I wasn't having it, and this dude-what-ever his name was setting me off.

Whispering he said quietly "Sorry".

Quietly, I said "I'm just not in the mood". He asked "Wanna talk about it?"

Shaking my head I started " I feel like, I'm not gonna find that special someone- I mean look at me! I'm a booknerd, everyone needs me for something- I just can't... I'm not worth it. Erik asked me out on a date, then kissed me-now he's in a relatioship with Carlina. Then Adam, we kissed at a party, now he's with Avery!" I shouted. I was nearly on the verge of tears, but I held them back.

"I'm sorry, you don't deserve that.. no one does. But I promise you, you're gonna find someone. Those guys are jerk- you deserve better." He stated.

Smiling, he was right. I did deserve better, and I will find that special person..eventually...

I gave him a hug. I find it hard to believe that I hugged a stranger.. Mentally I rolled my eyes.

I felt a hand go around my waist, and relized he was hugging back too.

"Thank you" I said as I let go.

"Your welcome" he said smiling at me. He picked up his things and headed back to the main doors.

Then I thought to myself, 'I didn't know his name! Shruggin my shoudlers, and giving in an ' Oh well ' I picked up my stuff and headed to the cafataria

.Picking up a chicken sandwich,freies, and cola-I made my way toward an empty table. Looking up I saw Jessica, holding a tray in her hands, and trying to look for an empty table also, well until she spotted me giving me a converned look, as she made her way toward me. 

"Where were you?" as she took a seat next to me.

"I need some air" I replied,as I shrug my shoulders, picking up a french fry and pooping it in my mouth.

"Oh" was all she said. Well until Carlina spotted us and sat between me and Jessica. "Hey" as she took a french fry from my tray and popped it in her mouth.

"Hey" we muttered in union."What's up guys?" she nogged both of our elbows.

As I bit into another bite of my sandwich, I felt her eyes on me. I continued to eat my food. Her eyes slowly went back to her food before beginging to eat.

It was all quiet till Erik came along...