Nerds Need Love Too: Chapter 24

It was the day of the dance. The hallways littered with students talking about their dresses and how'd it be a surprise or how the guys will be getting laid tonight. But for me, all I care about was having fun-enjoying myself, because you only live once anyway. So why not enjoy it?

"Hey Milly" I turned from my locker and saw Louis.

I haven't seen Louis around, when I thought about it. But we would always make small talk when wondering in the hallway to our classes.

Smiling, I said "Hey Louis". I placed my books in my locker,closing it and turning my whole body toward him.

Ripped jeans, white shirt, and a black vest- didn't he look hot today!

I mentally rolled my eyes from thinking about how hot he look.

"So ready for the dance?" he asked while touching the back of his hair with hand.

I smiled. "Yea, I mean who wouldn't."

"True, so who are you going with?" he questioned.

I blush. "I'm going with Nick and James, they offered so I said  why not" as I shrug my shoulders.

He smiled warmly. " Well they are overly protected with their girls" as he nudged my shoulders.

I punch him in the arm. "Har-Har-Har." I rolled my eyes.

  He touched his arm in instant. " Ouch. Pain hurts you know?" I grin.

The bell rang signally us to go to class. " May I walk this fine lady to class?" Louis said in a British accent while offering with arm.

I blushed, I nodded my head as our arms locked with each.

"So I heard Jamie is your new fling? Thinking about asking her to the dance?" I asked, as we past a few kids scarring their way to their classrooms.

He answered "Nah, I'm actually going alone this time" he gave me a stern look.

My mouth formed an 'o' . "Really...Well image that, bad boy Louis is going alone to the dance! How come ?"

He shrug his shoulders. After that we remain quiet. Saying a brief 'thank you' walked away, leaving me an inch toward the door.

The bell rang the second time. "Huh?" I wondered why did the bell ring the second time, then I though, the second bell means- I was late!

Opening the door, I saw Mr.Bee, giving me a disapproving look.

"You're late. Detention!" he shouted at me.

"What!, I was just a tad bit late. C'mon Mr.Bee, I'm a A+ student in your class, never been late before, I turn in all my ho-"

"That's enough. Do you want a second detention!" he interrupted before questioning me again.

"No" I muttered as I went to my seat. Snickering of classmates went around the room, as I sat down slunching in my chair.

"Today Class..." Mr.Bee began.

I blocked out after that, not caring about the lesson.

"Here's your detention slip, go to room 738" he said sternly.

I nodded and quickly left the room. Wondering down the hallway I met room:738 face-to face.

First time for everything. Never though I'd end up in detention...

Pushing open the door I turned my head to see Mr.Lockwood taking a snooze, grabbing a piece of paper and looking up I met eyes with the school's bad boy- Mr. Carter Hamilton.

Carter is an cocky arrogant jerk. He always put himself first and doesn't care for others all he does is shrug it off. He treats the girls here bad-leaving them to be 'too clingy or too demanding'. Being a player, has some advantages- getting anyone he wants, and disadvantages-getting the girl he wants, but knowing his reputation he wont get the girl of his dreams.

Thus the fact that he was the bad boy, I kinda respected his way because, that's him, that's his persnality and if he feels happy that way, why not support the guy. But no way in hell-I would be catch hanging out with him. Jessica was one of his fling's.  But that happen in freshman, though she didn't know him at the time, she didn't care-she 'loved' him.

I sat directly beside him, staring at the blank piece of paper like it was the most interesting thing on the world.

"Hello there Milly" his voice made my whole body shiver. I looked at him in the corner of my eye and saw his 'flirtatious' smile-his smile would make all the girls melt, once you see that smile, it would make your heart melt, and a burst of giggles coming out of your mouth.

I contined to stare at the blank piece of paper.

Dont look in his eyes, dont look in his eyes I repeated over and over again.

Carter's eyes were color of blue and green. He would stare at you so intensively, that would make your heart melt, and your lips curved into a smile.

"Hello Carter"  I said softly as I looked at the paper.

"You know you cant keep staring at the paper, eventually you'll have to look at me" I felt him giving me a smirk.

I turned my body toward him,looking down at the floor instead of him.

"There" I said satisfied.

He rolled his eyes, as he hands touched my chin, making me look at him in the eye.

I gasp.

I stared at his eyes, it was beautiful.

Turn your head away dummy!

I turned my head away as I looked at the door.

"Now Milly, is that the way you treat your childhood friend?"