Chapter 8

Jesses pov-

(6 months later)

I'm turning 10 tomorrow and I'm worried. Me and dad (Carter) are really close. Dad said he's gonna take me to Nashville for my birthday. I will be my first time there. I have been in Georgia for 6 months and I love it here. I haven't seen Luke,Caroline,Bo and Tate in awhile I haven't even talked to them. Well right now I'm sitting out on the swing set when daddy walks out of the house and calls my name. "Yes daddy!" I said looking up from the ground.

"Come on, we are all packed and ready to head out!" I jumped out of the swing and I ran in to the house but then I wasn't running any more because daddy had snatched me up. "Hey"I laughed. He laughed as well I ran in to my room and grabbed my guitar ad went down stairs. I got out to the truck and dad was already in the truck I opened the back door and put my guitar in the back. I hopped up front and buckled up and we were off.

Luke's pov- I was chasing Bo and Tater around the back yard. Tate is now two and Bo is about to turn five in about 12 weeks. Tate can talk and boy does he talk it's fun to listen to him when he speaks. Bo looks a lot like me and Tate looks like his momma. I ran to Bo who had his swim trunks on and he was running around. I grabbed him and back flopped in the the swimming pool. He came up laughing and I helped him to the side of the pool. He whipped the water off of his face and I saw Tate running full blast to me without his little arm float things. I got ready and he leaped in and I caught him but when he came up he was coughing but laughing. "Get water in your mouth?" I said patting his back. He nodded his head yes. It made me smile. My phone went off and I got out and the boys followed me in the house.

(Phone convo)

L- hello!

Carter- hey

L-what's up

Carter- oh nothing just wanted to ask you something

L- what's is it

Carter- can I talk to Bo

L- ooh okay?

I yelled for Bo an I handed him the phone

Bo- hello?

Carter- hey Bo it's uncle carter

Bo- hi uncle carter!!

Carter- I have someone who wants to talk to you

Jesse- hey bo it's Jesse

BO- JESSE JESSE JESSE HI!!!!!!!

Jesse- haha! hi Bo well how you doin

Bo- good! swimming right now well I was I'm about to go back out

Jesse- well tell Tate I said hi and you go have fun

BO- okay

Bo hung up and have me my phone back "who was that" I questioned him

"No one" he ran back out side where Caroline and Tate were.I followed him and I took off running and I did a cannon ball. Witched splashed Caroline she looked and me "really,really Luke" it made me laugh. I saw the back door open and Jason came out with Jessica and his two girls. "Hey Jason!" I said getting out to shake his hand. I high-fived the girls and they took off running and they jumped in to the pool. "Hi Jessica" I gave her a hug and she went over to Caroline. Me and Jason went to start the grill so we could cook some lunch.

Carter's pov-

There was no traffic so I didn't stop at a hotel I just drove strait in to Nashville. I got to our hotel in Nashville at 10:00pm. I got out and hopefully no one asks for a picture because everyone knows I'm Michael carter Luke Bryan's guitar player. I got Jesse awake to walk up to the room. She laid down on the couch and she was out. I'm gonna take her to Luke's in the morning she hasn't seen him nor talked to him in about 6 months. I've already talked to Caroline and she's glad to have Jesse come over.

-next morning-

I woke up and Jesse was already dressed and ready to go. "Morning sunshine" I said while moaning in to a stretch. "Morning" she said while slipping she tennis shoes on. I got jump an kissed the top if her head and I started to get ready. I came out and grabbed our bags and we left for the truck and my surprise Luke's! we pulled up to his house and Jesse was confused but she looked up set. "Jesse girl what's wrong" I said while turning the truck off "nothing" she said while whipping a tear from her face. "Baby girl what's wrong" I said while moving in to the middle to be closer to her. I wrapped my arm around her. "Birthday girl I forgot to say something to you if that's it but happy birthday" she looked at me and smiled. I got out of the truck and she got out and we walked up to the door ad I knocked on it but before any one could answer it I covered her eyes and said this is a surprise from me.

Luke's pov-

"Tate quiet moving" I picked him up and plopped him on him bed and I put his Dark green kaki shorts on him then I was going to put his shirt on but he was moving way to much so I just let him go. I went in to Bo's room and I saw a picture on me and him when he was younger playing the drums framed on the wall. I looked at Bo who was still in his under wear an he was digging in his drawers for clothes. "Hey Bo momma wants you to wear your tan kaki shorts. "And my light blue polo" he mocked at me. "What!" I said while grabbing his clothes "and fix my hair" he mocked once again. "Bo I know you don't want to wear those kinda clothes but mama wants you to" I said while picking him up an setting him on his bed " buts it's not sunday! why do I have to dress up!" "I don't know but just do what your mama asked you to do" I tried to help him with his shirt but jerked away and said "no I'm almost Five years old I can so it my self" I got up and said "you need to rethink of what tone of voice you have and when your ready to be nice then come down stairs" I walked out if his room and Caroline was answering the door and carter was there with Jesse and Jesse saw me and she said hello and she hugged all if us then Tate said swim! I picked him up and we both went up to change.