0.6

Noah

"Since you guys finished this math test faster than expected I'm going to give you the group project now!" The whole class groaned in unison. "I tried to make some groups that were fun for you guys since this will be both harder and longer than usual."

It didn't take long for me to look at Jack, but he was already gazing away at Annabelle. They've really got something going on. Surprisingly for Jack, speaking that he was the one who initiated the whole thing.

"Our last group is Noah, Jack, Wyatt, and Annabelle."

Wyatt looked at me and rolled his eyes. We both knew what we were in for; Jack distracting Annabelle from doing work so they can be all romantic or whatever he wants to call it. I've got nothing against Annabelle, it's just when Jack is in a group with girls he does nothing. I just find it really strange that Jack is like trying for a relationship.

"Noah seriously dude are you going to get up or what?" Jack interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh and you're one to talk? Jack, me and Wyatt both know we're just going to do the work. You're going to be too busy kissing Annabelle or whatever." Annabelle peeks over at the mention of her name.

"Guys, I'm of course going to do my share of the work. I'd hate to be that one person who doesn't do anything. Sorry if I came off in a bad way or anything," Annabelle quickly apologized.

Jack took no time to defend her. "Hey, lets not pick on Ellie here. She can do whatever she wants. You're just butt hurt."

"Let's stop fighting and start the project. That's what we're supposed to be doing anyways," I interrupted.

Annabelle

"Let's do the work at my house tonight, so we can get a head start," Wyatt offered.

"I'm totally down for that. I can come by after dinner. I can bake a little something maybe some brownies," I replied.

I feel bad that everyone thinks I'm not going to do work, but I'm not going to be that person. Being stuck with those people suck and I don't want the group to hate me. The one thing I'm worried about is Jack and how everyone is bringing up his history. I've been at the same school as everyone since I was a child, so I know just as well what goes on.

I know Jack and his history, but he's really trying to change things. We've talked briefly about this and he wants to become a different person. If he's willing to try I'm willing to stick with him and see. Jack is aware of my boundaries and I have his word that he's not going to cross them. It all comes back to trust; if you don't have trust you can't have a relationship.

"Damn, I've got myself a girl who does homework and bakes. What's next, are you going to clean my room, get a job?"

I stuck my lips out at pouted at Jack's comment. "For your information you're in high school to do homework and baking is fun. Don't even try me I'm not cleaning your room. I've seen that mess; it's beyond saving." Jack playfully hit my thigh underneath the table and shot me his signature smile.

"Let's plan on seven at Wyatt's, Annabelle is bringing brownies, I've got everything we need, and Jack you're showing up and doing your share of the work," Noah directed emphasizing your share.

"You guys are so over dramatic about a stupid math project. I get you're in the advanced smart people math, but still shut up. You guys are annoying," Finn informed. I mean he was right.

I felt a warm hand on my thigh and slightly jolted. This was something I wasn't suspecting at the moment. Jack flashed his smile at me.

At this moment doubts went flashing though my head. He could still be the same person he was before he met me. What if he tries something on me that I don't want. Everyone is doubting Jack and it's making me have second thoughts. What makes me so different from everyone else? Is this all just an act?