Chapter 7

When it came lunch time for Summer she would just walk in the city. Her building was on a street full of restaurants. So she would walk to get her something to eat.

"The world is so beautiful," she walked in Lean and Cuisine"Yet, so crazy." She took her sun glasses off and put them in her purse. She sat in a booth by a window that had a view of the city and waited for someone to take her order.

'It's so different from home.' She thought.

"Ahem,its you again." She heard that same Italian voice. Seth standing by her table. Those blue eyes tried to phase her but didn't.

"Look, don't start this today. This is my lunch break before I go fix people problems. So why can't you be I don't know...normal today." Seth gave her a stare that could kill. Summer just tilted her head making her hair fall over her shoulders.

"What would your order be ma'am?"Seth snapped out of it, he went into a daydream once she put her hair over her shoulders.

"Much better, let me get a number 5 and a number 3 on the desert list." She put the menu down and gave it to him. He walked stiffly away.

'What crawled up his ass and died.' She thought.'At least I know how to be civilized.' She went back to looking at the city. Watching the cars pass and looking at the tall business building. She looked at how people would walk on the streets, dressed up just for a regular walk. Women wearing dresses and heals, men wearing suits and ties. She took in everything and she loved being in California. But she missed Mississippi.

After lunch she left a huge tip for Seth, but not in cash,and checks she pulled out a pen and got a napkin and wrote 'look both was when crossing the street.' She though since he did poor service she would give him a poor tip but surly will help in life.

When she got back to work she found three new files on her desk. Three new patients but not so new to her. There on her desk was records of Quentin Wilfawn, Drew Bianco, and Jaquanzi Johnson. She just sighed and put on her reading glasses and she looked at the files crossed eyed.

"Let's see what we have here,"She open the file and read their problems. All with love."Well they can just snap their fingers and they could have girls running after them." She buzzed Lucy.

"Lucy, set this appointment for next week on Monday and have them last on the list," Summer knew they always wanted to
Be first but frankly she didn't care so she put them last."Lets call it Jock-Heads."

"Yes ma'am understood." Lucy went back to organizing files on her computer.

"After that take off you been here since 6:00 it's 8:00pm so go home rest."

"Thank you ma'am." Summer would give advice to Lucy and she didn't even know it. Lucy worked non-stop when she met Summer. She wasn't like a preppy rich girl who got every thing she wanted at the snap of her fingers, she earned everything she had. Lucy worked and that's what Summer liked about her.

It's been 3 hours since Lucy left, Summer was the only one left in the building. She decided to some extra work, I was 11:00pm she pack her stuff up and grabbed her keys. She was tired but love the feeling of getting things accomplish. She waved to the janitor Mr.Franklin ask he got through locking the last door which was the front door over her building.

"You put in a day of work didn't you Ms.Winter?" He was 49 year old black but looked to be 40. He had working hands that looked rough she appreciated him. She respected her elders.

"Yes sir I did, how was your day?" She said walking toward him shaking his
hand.

"Well, just the same you know the rest of your psychologist around here help people but are stuck up."

"Yea I know but it is what it is." Summer waved goodbye as she walked out the building as he locked up. She walked to the park lot and got in her truck. She groaned at herself for forgetting her purse in the building on her desk. She quickly got out and started to speed walk to her building. She almost made it until she got knock to the ground. She sat up and rubbed her head when her vision got back in focus she saw Seth standing over her.

"What heck do you want?" She started to get up but she felt a sharp kick to her side."Son of a bitch!"

"Such dirty words for a beautiful lady like yourself," Seth said standing over Summer."How does it feel to get knocked to the ground." Suddenly five shadows surrounded her. She could fight but not more than one person.

"What the hell do you want from me if it's money you can have it!" She yelled but not in fright in anger.

"Here is a tip, never fuck me over." Suddenly Summer felt pain all over her body. She yelled but who could here her at this time of night. Only the Hobos in the allies. Summer was getting hit everywhere. She couldn't believe she was being jumped.

"It's a shame, we could have had kids together but you had to be a bitch," Seth said finally telling his crew to back off her."Come back to the restaurant and maybe we can start things over." Seth walked away with his crew into the darkness.

Summer was laying one the ground couldn't move. Her elbows and knees where skinned badly. Bloody bruises were on her face and legs. But despite her being hurt she reached in her pocket called Noah and Autumn and put them on three way.

"Hey I was wondering when you was going to call," Her brother said."What's up?"Summer started to cry over the phone. She needed help not a conversation.

"Summer baby where are you?" Noah was alert he sat up off the couch already grabbing his keys and headed out the door. She was hurt and he knew it but who would lay a finger on . his prized position?

"I'm... outside... my work building laying on the ground I just go jumped." She said over the phone as loud as she could but they heard her clearly.

"I'm on my way stay on the phone,"Noah and Autumn said together."Don't hang up!"

Noah was burning rubber the time were he would actually found his soul mate, his other half, his life someone wanted to ruin it. All he saw was red. Autumn turned into Winter he got in his car and didn't care about stop signs red lights nothing was going to keep him away from his sister, family came first for him, nothing could tear him about from his sister. Because when he was down she made him happy, and he needed that happiness in his life.