✗Chapter 28: Pretty Little Liar✗

"Wait..." Your voice was a mere whisper, yet your plea was louder than any amount of volume could carry. Your hand was grasping the material of Michael's boiler suit; begging for him not to abandon you too.

You were terrified of loneliness. You always had been, especially after the old Halloween accident. Funnily enough you didn't even know if this was a nightmare or not; the fever tampering with your sense of reality. Now gripping his suit, you gazed at Michael with the most desperate look you've ever given anyone - your emotions all over the place as you clung to him. At this point you didn't care if it was Stockholm Syndrome or not, all you wanted was comfort.

"Please don't leave...Not you too..." You mumbled brokenly, lowering your eyes and staring at the floor with misery.

The killer turned his body to face yours as he looked down at you, his blue orbs glimmering with soft affection whilst he obeyed your command. He didn't leave. In fact he cupped your cheek and came closer, his touch being incredibly calming. You were grateful for his company, letting him sit next to you and play with your hair. You weren't one of those demanding drama-queen girls, but it felt nice to have someone care about you like this.

Michael stayed by your side the entire early morning; stroking your hair and lulling you in and out of sleep, wanting nothing in return. Why was he being so selfless towards you? Wouldn't a killer try and have his way with his victim if he wanted to? Yet the silent male wasn't doing anything of the sort - instead he was merely waiting on you...like a type of servant. The thought made you feel a random surge of guilt.

You wouldn't be in this weakened condition if you hadn't tried to escape so...aggressively. And let's face it - even with your plan you still winded up back in Michael's clutches. It didn't matter where you went, because the stalker would be shadowing your every move. Always. If you continued with this reckless behaviour you'd only get more people killed. And you didn't want to be the reason someone else died.

Michael must've noticed the guilt-ridden expression on your face because he stopped caressing your hair - focusing on you 100%. Did he not feel any anger towards you whatsoever? Did he not feel betrayed by you at all? Was he not hurt? Perhaps he expected you to run away, and you just so happened to be in danger. Whatever it was, you were grateful for his help. You released a sigh and the killer tilted his head, confused by your sudden seriousness.

"I-I'm sorry...I shouldn't've acted so reckless... But you didn't give me any other choice. Thank you though...for helping me out." You hesitantly remarked; feeling healthier than you did hours ago.

He merely shook his head, leaning towards you whilst he pulled his mask up slightly. What was he about to do? Your eyes widened as Michael kissed your forehead; his eyes closed and his lips pressing against your skin soothingly. W-Why was he kissing you? That wasn't a reply! That was-That was just...Never mind. You didn't even pull away, the sweet kiss being somewhat comforting to you after all you'd endured.

"T-This doesn't change anything." Your face was a blushing mess - crimson highlighting your cheeks as you tried to calm your pounding heart down.

A small smile tugged at Michael's mouth whilst he tapped your nose, sliding his mask back down and silently chuckling at your surprise. You rolled your eyes and looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table, wanting to know the time. 8:04am. You should probably get up...plus you were absolutely famished by this point. With a tired yawn you decided to get up, swinging your legs around to the edge of the bed and sitting up sleepily. Michael watched you worriedly - his concern clouding into overprotectiveness as he clasped your uninjured arm.

"Hey...Don't worry, I feel fine now. You did a good job of patching up my shoulder. Besides, I'm starving." You told the stalker softly, standing up and moving towards the door.