✗Chapter 39: Frigid Face-Off✗

You got to the door before Michael, opening it as a random male stood in front of you. He had a silky mop of blonde hair, along with silver eyes and a muscular chest; a jaunty expression spread across his face. He was wearing a simple white shirt, some black jeans and a pair of faded trainers - giving him a natural look. God, he looked like the kinda guy that girls swooned over on a daily basis.

"May I help you?" You asked defensively, one hand on the door as you demanded to know why he'd ventured to your doorstep.

"Yes (Y/n), I do believe you can." A grin slid onto his facial features, letting himself into your home.

"Excuse me, did I say you could come in here? And how do you know my name?" You folded your arms and looked him straight in the eye - raising your eyebrows.

"We met last night, I believe. My sister gave you quite the excitement, did she not?" He walked into the kitchen whilst he talked to you.

"You're Gabby's brother...the one who stopped her from killing me." You realised in surprise, stunned by the sudden news.

"My name is Jamie and I come with glad tidings." He dramatically announced, and you frowned.

"Glad tidings? What?" You grew confused as he sat himself down, crossing his legs.

"Gabriella will not try and attack you anymore - I've convinced her to keep you a secret from our Master. She wants to retry the whole friendship thing, basically." Jamie remarked dismissively.

"No. Way." You bluntly responded - causing him to be amused.

"She thought you might give that type of response. So, she's offering something further." He drew something out of his pocket and tossed it to you; the small card of paper sliding across the table. You picked it up curiously, deciding to read what was written in printed script.

ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴡɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀғᴜʟ ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴏғ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ? ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟᴏʏᴀʟ? ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴇʟʏᴛᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪs ᴜɴsᴛᴏᴘᴘᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀᴄᴇ. sᴇʀᴠᴇ ʜɪᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠᴇ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ ɢʟᴏʀʏ.

[A/N: Think you have what it takes to wield the most powerful elements of Earth? Do you believe yourself to be loyal? Join Elyto and his unstoppable force. Serve him and receive untold glory.]

"So she wants me to...what? Join your freaky cult?" You theorised suspiciously.

"Uh huh. Then Gabby wouldn't be able to touch you...plus you get power." Jamie seemed pleased with himself, hoping you'd agree.

"Sorry but I have no interest in being brainwashed. Go annoy someone else. Oh and one more thing," You took a step closer, feeling hatred, "-if Gabby comes anywhere near me, tell her I'll kill her."

"Woah, you're not pulling any punches." He coldly smiled, but you could tell he was irritated at your reply.

"No. I'm not. Now get out." You pointed towards the door fiercely.

"Fine." Jamie shrugged and stood up, moving in the direction you'd pointed at.

You rolled your eyes and turned towards the sink, ready to do the dishes now. A sudden slamming noise made you jump, and you turned to see Michael holding Jamie against the wall, furious at the boy. You were about to ask why Michael had acted so violently, but then a knife fell out of Jamie's hand. It clattered to the ground noisily, the blade very very sharp. Was he about to...throw that at you?