✗Chapter 15: Back To Haddonfield✗

Your mother kept ringing your phone after you left, but you just sent her a short message and then switched it off. You didn't want to be bothered whilst you were relaxing, especially because this was the only time you really had away from her. Of course you loved her, but being babied all the time just didn't suit you. You liked being alone - with the exception of Gabby and your two other friends.

Your two other friends were fine, but they were a bit...basic. Okay, boring. They were...They were stereotypical girls. Gabby was your real best friend. Your footsteps trailed behind you in the sand, the breeze ruffling your hair as you breathed in deeply - loving the sandy scent. The sea was a small line of blue in the distance, growing closer with every ten minutes that passed. Eventually you turned your phone back on, rolling your eyes at the long string of messages on your phone.

(Y/n), we have to talk.

Answer your phone!!

You can't move to Haddonfield!

It's a terrible terrible place!

I can't tell you why, but you can't live there.

Anywhere but there.

Please pick up sweetie, please.

(Y/n)?

'I'm on my way home. Stop spamming me with messages. I love you.' You sternly texted back before pocketing your phone. Why did she have to freak out so much? She rushed into the hallway as soon as you arrived home, her teary eyes and pale face startling you.

"What happened?" You worriedly asked, letting her hug you tightly.

"You can't go to Haddonfield! Please, it's far too dangerous for you!" She sobbed sorrowfully - acting over-the-top.

"That's what this is about? Me moving? Are you serious, Mom?" You temper was rising but you forced yourself to remain relatively calm.

"You don't understand. We've lived there before and-"

"And what? What could've possibly happened there?" You broke the hug and folded your arms; demanding an explanation.

"And...w-well...-that's where the bad friend of yours lived." She tried to half-dodge the question, that in itself irritating you.

"Oh no! I had a friend you didn't approve of! What a shocker!" You sarcastically spoke, moving past her as you took your scarf off and hung it on the coat rack.

"It wasn't about my approval (Y/n)! He...He could've killed you." Your mother bursted out emotionally.

"I was what, around ten? Ah yes, I'm sure a ten year old boy would've killed me." Oh boy, did the sarcasm shine through your words whilst you walked up the stairs.

"It's a dangerous town (Y/n)! It's got death written all over it!" Your mother tried one last time to convince you - making wild accusations.

"And you've got paranoia written all over you. The past is the past for a reason, Mom. I know things are hard to move past, but you have to stop coddling me so much." You finished the conversation as you reached your bedroom, deciding to end this before you exploded.

"I worry because I'm afraid of losing you. I love you (Y/n), you know that right?" She wiped her eyes and sniffled - her clingy attitude becoming somewhat annoying.