✗Chapter 12: The Aching Aftermath✗

Wailing police sirens filled the air as several police cars pulled up, an ambulance not far behind them. A few officers entered the house with Miss Myers, her perplexed tone turning into fully-fledged screaming a few seconds later. A kind, female police officer pulled you to her car and called your mother's phone after you told her who your parent was, trying to take care of you. Then your mother arrived on the chaotic scene, her shrieks of horror only adding to the loud noises.

"Oh (Y/n), are you alright darling? Are you hurt? Injured? Bleeding anywhere? My poor baby!" Your mother sobbed in a panic, flinging her arms around you and holding you close. You tried to find the words to answer her, but all you got were tears of tiredness - softly crying.

"I-I trusted...I t-trusted him..." Your voice shook as you wanted to reply, but no words would willingly come forth.

"I know baby, I know." She whispered and cradled your face; kissing your forehead whilst she tried to comfort you.

"JUDITH! JUDITH! MY BABY!" Miss Myers screeched, clinging to the stretcher and stroking the face of her deceased daughter.

"Come on, we need to let the police deal with all of this. Let's get you home." Your mother spoke in a stressed out voice, taking your hand. You two had turned your back on the house, but that didn't mean that was the end of it. A cry of rage could be heard from behind you both and you turned to see Michael charging at your mother, targeting her in frustration.

"Mom!" You gasped as he slammed her to the ground, his hands flying to her neck. He started to strangle her, twitching with unstable fury whilst he attempted to kill your mother.

A police officer pulled him off and tried to drag him away, having trouble with the squirming boy. But Michael had other ideas, stamping his foot on the officer's shoe and elbowing him in the face at the exact same time - managing to get free one more time. Michael then wrapped his arms around you in a desperate hug, acting insanely possessive.

"Don't leave me! Don't you dare leave me! You, me and Boo, we're a team! We're a...We're a family! Don't let them ruin it! Don't let them! (Y/N)!" He yelled in a deranged manner, clinging to you as two police officers grabbed his waist. Your eyes were wide with shock, not knowing how to respond to such a crazy statement.

"No! No! Let go of me! LET GO OF ME! She's mine, (Y/n)'s mine! No! NO!" Michael shouted violently; writhing in their grasp whilst they tugged him further away from you.

"JUDITH! JUDITH!" Miss Myers howled in the background heartbrokenly, adding to the discord and disharmony.

"Please make your way over to the ambulance so we can check your neck, ma'am." The female police officer helped her up and placed a hand on her shoulder, making sure she was alright.

"I-I can't leave my daughter alone. She's been through so much already, she needs to go home and be looked after!" Your mother began to get worked up - her tone frantic.

"We'll see to it that someone looks after her, please don't fret." The woman responded soothingly.

"Well I-I...okay." Your mother sighed in defeat and turned to you, her expression worried.

"I'll be back soon, sweetie. Go back to the house with the nice lady and try to forget about tonight, alright? I love you." She said in a hushed voice, cupping your cheek as her thumb brushed across your skin.

"I love you too." You quietly replied, feeling numb. You watched her give the house keys to the female officer before going over to the available medics, the police woman now holding your hand.

"Let's go, pet. I'm sure you're very tired." The lady was trying to be nice and you appreciated that, giving her a shy nod. She walked you back home, unlocking the front door and ushering you into the quiet house.